PDA

View Full Version : AZB got a mind of it's own?

billynw
08-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi guys,
just after some help as this is driving me mental.

I'm inputting channels into my AZB at the moment, via the remote.
I have just put in the Digi TV package on 1W.
The put them into ordrer, Sport, Music, Flims etc.
Then backed it up using FTP.

Then moved onto 5E, and scanned TP 12111 H 27500.
All ok.

But then when I move back to 1W less than half the channels are there and not in order.

Then move back to 5E and the channel from 12111 H are not there.

The AZB is not storing channels but also not saving them?

I have deleted all the channels from the box then resent the channel list from my PC back to the AZB.

So then they are all back in the order I set up, but again if I move to 5E then go back to 1W loads of channels are not there?
Even If I look in ALL, SATELLITE, PROVIDER.
Also when I send my saved channel list back to the AZB it is 1,624,152 KB in size. After I move sat's If I connect with FTP it's only around 1,500,00 in size.

Please can anyone help.

goran
08-09-2009, 01:39 PM
When you're in the list, via remote [OK] -> Blue button to put them in alphabetic order and they might "appear"?

You can use MaZ o sort them out nicely and easily... ;) :)

billynw
08-09-2009, 01:58 PM
cheers for your help here.
Just tried using Alphabet, there still not there

I have just deleted all the channels again, then resent my saved channel back to the AZB.

All ok if I bring up the channel list they are all in my order with all channels.
But after 5 mins if I press exit then ok to bring up the channels list the have gone

Also what is Maz o ?
I have tried AZBoxedit, but could work out how sort channels out

goran
08-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh, c'mon, m8, not that difficult to right click on the channel and add to favs... Or drag and drop, whatever works, can't remember now...

And not that difficult to search a bit on this forum, is it?

Read a bit, it's all here... AZbox HD is not so big a section, with a few sub-sections. Their names are dead giveaways... :rolleyes:

Make changes - reboot!

In telesat's editor - UPDATE sat or whatever is there, aq button to save the changes, as I described some of its functions in my "Alternative guide"...

But some people don't like reading...

Advice: read it carefully, and as you're doing it - redo it from scratch, deleting everything first!

Good luck!

enrico001u
08-09-2009, 02:18 PM
if your using recent firmware make sure you have correct tuner selected as there are two options

billynw
08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
OK will carry on reading.

But getting worse by the minute.

Just turned my box off, then on & now have no channels at all?
No channel list.

If I FTP the box the channel list is there in disk2.

Also if I scan TP 12111 H again it find 14 channels, the goto view channels,it says Can't find channel list?

I'm using firmware 0.9.2372, how do I find out if thecorrect tuner selected as there are two options

a7v8x
08-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I am using 092880 and the tuner options come under
Home - Settings - TV Channel but you should only have that option if you are using two tuners. Maybe your best bet would be to redo everything from the start. Goran has a good do it from scratch sticky which explains how to format application area etc so as you start off on a clean slate. Might seem like a pain in the ass having to redo all but you get to know your way around the box a bit better... practice makes perfect

Burnham
08-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Then put them into order, Sport, Music, Flims etc..

How are you doing this? If using favourite lists you have hit the 200 limit. There is no other way to sort the channels within a satellite - only options are alpha order or transponder order.

Your other problem - the "No channel list" error - that indicates a corrupted database. You have to FTP in two files to recover all_channel.dat and antenna_list.dat.

SatSearcher
08-09-2009, 07:22 PM
When you edit your channels (move, rename etc.) do you do it in the all channels list or by each satellite separately? I had a very similar sounding problem to this when editing each satellite in it's own separate list, but doing all editing in the all channels list, i've not had this problem (so far, touch wood!) Using FW 0.9.2372

billynw
08-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for all your help here gents,

I have formated the HDD and deleted all the setting. So I'am starting from step 1 again.

I am adding channels right now on different sat's.

SatSearcher I'am editing each satellite in it's own separate list & using FW 0.9.2372.
So that could of been my problem.

I was think of editing them in AZboxedit 0.9.2880 but it keep's crashing on me when I go to unlock the channels. getting a ru time error.

Anyone else recomend a channel PC channel editor

a7v8x
08-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Anyone else recomend a channel PC channel editor

I havnt used it myself but there is a program called MAZ. Its in spanish I think but they are working on an english version. Maybe you could give that a go?

billynw
08-09-2009, 10:06 PM
SatSearcher, looks like your right here mate.

Just edited loads of channels, but under satellite not on there own & seems ok.

Thanks for this mate,

iwols
08-09-2009, 11:40 PM
use maz miles better

SatSearcher
09-09-2009, 06:34 AM
I think editing by satellite confuses the box somehow, don't know why! Yet another bug in the firmware it seems!