PDA

View Full Version : Providers - Which file populates it

AZman
12-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi all,

I want to sort out my channels in there respective packages and i want to do this in the providers section to make channel hopping easier rather than the way they are currently layed out in Satellites

As the faves has a 200 limit on it i dont want to do it in there.

Providers is already populated but not very well, its very all over the place.

What file contains all the info in the Providers bit and is it safe to delete/edit it?

Regards

Burnham
12-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I am not sure you can edit providers successfully as the data is taken from the channel stream data.

If you want to try, the MAZ editor has access to provider data. The file is all_channel.dat and you can't delete this file.

The 200 limit is a controversial area as the user manual says you can have up to 50 favourite lists and 200 channels in EACH of these 50 favourite lists. Other people have hit a limit with a total of 200 favourite channels. One well known forum refuses to discuss this issue.

AZman
13-09-2009, 12:17 PM
3 guesses to which forum???
Is it the very same forum where u are not entitled to an opinion and dare not say anything bad/controversial???

ok i think i will leave alone then, cant do doing with spending 2 hours scanning all the sats in etc if it all goes pete tong.

AJR
13-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Is it the very same forum where u are not entitled to an opinion

Its the one were if a moderator / admin misunderstands a post (because English is not their first language) your post is deleted and the thread closed... any pm's to apologise for wording the post in a manner that allowed their misunderstanding and explain the meaning of the post are ignored.

Every ones entitled to their opinion.... except when it doesn't agree with theirs.