PDA

View Full Version : Recording time and reflexions...

dveras
18-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Why only have 2 or 3 hours max time to record.
I would like to record 4 o 5 hours or unlimited as HDD capacity limits.
When they release a good firmware without limitations (of any type)
I'm the only one who happens this?
:leaving:

dveras
18-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Nobody has this problem?
I see there views but nobody says anything.

neilD
18-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I have not tried to record anything over around 2 hours.
Somewhere on the forum I read that box max recording file size if 3 GB and then it creates newer ones for longer lengths but that was only for the latest leaked firmware. What version are you using ? and when it stops recording how big are the files ?

dveras
18-09-2009, 02:53 PM
:bowing-036:
Previously I have 0.9.2880 actually 0.93281.
It's the same if I reserved time or push rec button to start recording.
The intern HDD (750gb) are formated with azbox on EXT3.
Today I'm making proves... start recording on 10:30 AM to .... When arrive at 2 hours of record time (creates on new file) and azbox crashes! Stop recording. The size of this files are 3gb (1Hour and aprox 49 Minutes) and then, the other file is smaller, 149Mb.
Sorry for my english... I'm using online translator.

neilD
18-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I will try tonight to see what happens. I have 1TB also EXT3.
When you installed the 3281 firmware did you format application area, reset to factory config etc. to make sure that it was a 100% clean install. I did not a first so I had problems. I then re-installed and reset/deleted everything

dveras
18-09-2009, 05:15 PM
1000% clean installation.
Factory default
Format aplication data
upgrade
other time full factory and then re-config all parameters.

pr2
18-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Why only have 2 or 3 hours max time to record.
I would like to record 4 o 5 hours or unlimited as HDD capacity limits.
When they release a good firmware without limitations (of any type)
I'm the only one who happens this?
:leaving:

You are wrong you can record for many hours, but not unlimited.

1) Press the record button to start recording.
2) Press the record button again to extend the record length
3) Repeat step 2.

By default Azbox use the EPG to find the end time of the program, if no EPG then the default recording time is 2 Hours but you can extend it several times by 1 Hour step.

Pr2

dveras
19-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Making this that you post freezes and crashes azbox.

1) Press the record button to start recording. (I do it!)
2) Press the record button again to extend the record length (yes but when I do, the EMU down and I have to restart it)
3) Repeat step 2.

Please test it!
Only push REC button (2 hours record) before to arrive 2 hours (always arround 1H:40 or 50 minutes) Azbox stop record and until not stoped the currently recorded program not work properly.

Just not record well...
Is not possible to opensat release one firmware that runs without limitations of any type, what are they doing? 2 month to release another beta :respect-037:

massimo1167
20-09-2009, 11:48 AM
If I try "Menù->Reserve Record Play" I have many limits :
1) I can't specify the name of recording, so means that if I do many recording on the same channel I can't discriminate recording simply by its name, I need to play every recording...
2) I can't specify the lenght of recording less of multiply of 10minutes!!!
I can't understand the reason, but I hope the Opensat developers change this incredible limit As Soon As Possible!!!
3) I can't specify the max lenght > 3Hours.
This is not a big limit because you can program another recording, but I can't understand this limit.
4) I can confirm that the maximum dimension is 3GB, but this isn't a problem, the only problem is that when I play, when file change, the play stops for some seconds and then automatically play the next file.
Why don't bufferize the data without stop the reproduction?
5) I can't see the information (EPG data) of the current recording, they (opensat developer) did see dreambox production and the .eit files with EPG information?

6) I confirm, I can record data in internal and external media, but I've executed only a few tests and I see that some times if I reproduce from external storage (USB) when I play a recording, some times image freeze and some times the audio stop to work, I need to stop and restart or go backward and the play again...

After all this points, I ask to myself:
a) They (opensat developers) use their decoders to watch tv usually?
b) They (opensat developers) use their decoders to record program tv usually?
I use usually decoders to record events that I'll see when I have free time, some time I record event sequentially on the same channel but in 2 differents files or maybe 2 sequential events in 2 differents channels;with this decoders it's impossible to do that in the right way!!!

I hope Opensat developers read this interesting forum to realize how many problems their decoders have.

Thank you to all people who help me with some workaround to do what I need...

Ciao to everyone.

dveras
20-09-2009, 12:58 PM
We hope that Opensat modify their politicy and hear all clients. Anybody know when release a new firmware?

ronniee
02-10-2009, 10:56 PM
I have a Azbox premium
I recorded something to an USB HDD, but the box can't play?

"unsupported" ? own recorded video, how can be unsuported?

After that, today I put a internal 160GB HDD.
I recorded 10minutes, but now is playing, but no picture
maybe codec problem?

I have software: 0.9.2371

can anyone help me, how can i use recording function?

thanks
ronniee

Burnham
03-10-2009, 12:30 AM
What are you trying to record? The AZBox won't record anything from real CCCam and might have problems with macrovision.

ronniee
03-10-2009, 09:37 AM
i recorded a chl game from ITV HD (FTA) or something from an encrypted channel, decoded with cccam 2.1.1
i read that i can't record an encrypted channel?

but why is ITV file not supported ? :)

hanswurscht
03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
also with this old Firmware are a lot of Problems, why dont use actual?
Why some Guys try to use old buggy Stuff on their Box?

valerica
03-10-2009, 11:13 AM
i recorded a chl game from ITV HD (FTA) or something from an encrypted channel, decoded with cccam 2.1.1
i read that i can't record an encrypted channel?

but why is ITV file not supported ? :)

"ITV HD may be a problem. It is broadcast as a data stream with the H.264 video inside an H.222 stream. Most boxes cannot detect .The video is still compressed with H.264 (aka AVC/MPEG4 Part 10), but it’s flagged as an H.222 (not H.262, which is MPEG2 compression) data stream.
H.222 isn’t a compression standard - it’s just a generic way of encoding a stream of data. But it’s not the way that data for live TV channels is normally encoded (that’s an MPEG Transport Stream, and I’m afraid I can’t remember the H number).
It’s the encapsulation and flagging that stops some receivers storing ITV HD - they don’t usually bother looking a H.222 streams when they’re storing channels. "
To fix recording use TsMuxer & MKVmerge . Than u'll b able to play recorded stream from ITV with az .
About cccam recordings it has been written in the forum . Use search button .

Cheers ,
Val .