PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

garz
18-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Well I have finally taken the plunge tonight and have ordered a new DM800HD. I will have to move my DM7000 up to the bedroom and install an additional cable to a new twin LNB.

The bit that concerns me however is as stated "here we go again" the whole learning process of a new dreambox. The wife and kids won't see me for a month, mates will phone to see if I am still alive, I will be grumpy at work due to no sleep, and every evening at about 1am I will suddenly realise where I was going wrong and have to get up to see if my theory is right only to be proved wrong the next day reading a thread in the forum. With the added Irony that I should have read it before I tried

But the most bizzare thing is I still wouldn't replace a dreambox for any other decoder cause you got to love to hate it ;-)

Regards

Garz

sonic1
18-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Did no one tell you that DM stands for divorce material :D

drahcirk
18-09-2009, 09:39 PM
is this the box thats around £800 quid, thats alot of learning money,.:grouphug:

paul01609
18-09-2009, 09:53 PM
its the one half of £800

canthackit
19-09-2009, 09:02 AM
@ garz

now there's a genuine DB man, the trials and tribulations mate eh :iagree::respect-040:

regards: canthackit

echelon
19-09-2009, 10:03 AM
as you already have a dreambox you are probably familiar with a lot of the terms and tools etc

I have the tm9100 which I learned on and also got the dm800 , and so I found it just needed slight adjustments to processes involved , but as you probably know more than half the details needed I dont see major problems as such

its a bit like changing a car , easier to change if you can already drive , as opposed to learning from scratch

I have oozoon in the flash and run nabilo 0.11 g2 on a usb stick , with barry allen giving me the bootscreen , so unless anyone has better ideas I would recommend using that combination for starters

garz
19-09-2009, 10:47 AM
@Sonic 1

I totally agree. I have warned the missus though so she nows I am unavailable until the end of October :respect-054:

@canthackit

Indeed although it is very satisying when you get their in the end. Mind you that is normally at about 3am ;)

@Echelon

A bit like changing a car?? If my car was as hard to drive as a dreambox I would walk everywhere. Joking apart thanks for the heads up with the best place to start.

Thanks all for the replies I thought it would bring a smile to the face of anyone that has ever played with a dreambox (and been torchered).

Regards

garz

simon 2003
19-09-2009, 11:49 AM
yea they do consume you a bit i got my 800 at christmas and was carving the turkey and tryng to install barry allen at the same time ;) ,you can imagine how that went down with the mrs

ssjenkins
19-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Well I have finally taken the plunge tonight and have ordered a new DM800HD

I'll be going down the same road as you next week garz as I'm trading in my 7020S for a DM800HD. Mind you I'm now divored so that's one less problem that I'll have to worry about :)

Sammy

aabs
19-09-2009, 05:17 PM
If you are on a motorised dish get ready for the USUALS to drive you to the brink of madness. I still start to foam at the mouth when i think back on the first time i was trying to find sats before i could switch off USUALS.
It makes all the crashes and freezing problems feel like childsplay.:smash:

simon 2003
19-09-2009, 06:06 PM
you mean USALS m8 lol

aabs
19-09-2009, 07:07 PM
you mean USALS m8 lol

Yeah i did m8, see thats what the thought of the useless thing does to me !!

garz
19-09-2009, 08:42 PM
you mean USALS m8 lol

See the proof that the man has a dreambox! He is so tortured he can't even get the words out correctly.

@aabs

been there trying to set it up with the 7000!!!! oh my god!! I started to think my lnb arm was bent or something. Oh and whats the score with 28.2 East it doesn't even exist as far as my dreambox and USALS were concerned.
Reasuring to know I am in for more of the same :D:D

regards

Garz

loveman
19-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Can't understand how you guys are having all the probs. As long as the motor is fully lined up etc, and you have downloaded a good channel list (e.g. likra), then you shouldn't have any probs. My usals works great straight away. Just set it up on the setup, upload my channel list, and I can go to sly uk etc no probs ;)