PDA

View Full Version : How do I pickup Telecom 2D 8.0°W ?

ian_t_baxter
23-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi

I've been trying to get a fix on this satellite without any luck.

I've an 80cm dish with fortec motor. The arc on my motor is setup correctly and I have no problems picking up Satellites from 28e - 1w. I've read somewhere that Telecom 2D has a 3 degree incline so is it this that is stopping me from picking it up ?

I live in the Newcastle area if that makes and difference.

Any help would be great

Cheers
Ian

mrbleu500
23-09-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/images/ab3_super.gif

You shouldn't have any difficulty picking up this bird, very strong signal, and well within your 80cm dish's range. See if you can get Hispasat at 30w, which is equally strong, and it should be somewhere in the middle between 30w and 1w... :)

11591 V is the FTA French TV tp, and is probably a good one to try.

Burnham
23-09-2009, 01:40 PM
No problem with Altantic bird 2 at 8°w but you won't get Telecom 2D at certain times of the day.

You need a two motor dish to compensate for the inclined orbit. Try at 5-6pm this afternoon for maximum signal with a standard one motor dish.

ian_t_baxter
23-09-2009, 02:16 PM
@burnham, sorry if this is a stupid question but what is "inclined orbit" ?

Giga
23-09-2009, 02:30 PM
out of position to your normal east to west arc where the satellites are positioned above it or below. so you should adjust elevation for this satellite.

A satellite is said to occupy an inclined orbit around the Earth if the orbit exhibits an angle other than zero degrees with the equatorial plane. This angle is called the orbit's inclination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inclined_orbit

TOWER
23-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Inclined orbit due to it being near to the end its service life.

manhatten
23-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Simply there is not much gas left in the satellite tanks.
So to prolong the life of the satellite the controllers let the satellite drift above and below the clark belt by doing this they are using the minimum amout of gas to keep the sattelite in orbit near the clark belt.

man