PDA

View Full Version : Sly card & Azbox

satworld98
24-09-2009, 12:16 AM
I just ordered a white sly card and I want to check whether any of the EMU updates the card as well as read it.

Thanks

satworld98
24-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Just to rephrase the question slightly, I read that Multicas reads white sly cards but I will like to know whether it updates the card as well i.e whether I can just leave it in azbox forever without the need to put it in the sly receiver for an update.

Thanks

neilD
24-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Just to rephrase the question slightly, I read that Multicas reads white sly cards but I will like to know whether it updates the card as well i.e whether I can just leave it in azbox forever without the need to put it in the sly receiver for an update.

Thanks

I have not noticed it doing any updates, I still have my old sky box and I put the white card in it at night.

satworld98
24-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I have not noticed it doing any updates, I still have my old sky box and I put the white card in it at night.

Thanks for the reply. That puts me in a fix as I just ordered the card and not a box. I threw my old box away few years ago

joe_b
24-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the reply. That puts me in a fix as I just ordered the card and not a box. I threw my old box away few years ago

AFAIK the card has to be paired to the original box first.

neilD
24-09-2009, 10:25 AM
I think that Sly will want the serial number of the box to activate the card. Read somewhere else that somebody just went into high street store and noted the number of a sly HD box and told sky that that was their box number and go it activate that way. Which package did you oder ? I just have the basic which doesn't need a boxid as it runs on any box

satworld98
24-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I think that Sly will want the serial number of the box to activate the card. Read somewhere else that somebody just went into high street store and noted the number of a sly HD box and told sky that that was their box number and go it activate that way. Which package did you oder ? I just have the basic which doesn't need a boxid as it runs on any box

Just the freesatfromsly one. I thought I dont need a sky box for this.

joe_b
24-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Just the freesatfromsly one. I thought I dont need a sky box for this.

i'm sure freesat works with any box m8, stick it in the azbox and see what happens ;)

satworld98
24-09-2009, 10:35 AM
i'm sure freesat works with any box m8, stick it in the azbox and see what happens ;)

thanks. I am sure it will work as well. I am not just not certain the card won't die on me due to lack of update. I will give feedback when I get the card.

neilD
24-09-2009, 10:53 AM
thanks. I am sure it will work as well. I am not just not certain the card won't die on me due to lack of update. I will give feedback when I get the card.

I don't think that the freestat cards need any updates. My mate canceled his subscription years ago and still use his blue card to decode the "soft" encoded programs. Still working up till now.

gtg60
24-09-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't think that the freestat cards need any updates.
No, they still need updates.

In the very latest MultiCAS there is a whole new section on NDS cards including entering Box ID and selecting whether or not to allow EMM's (updates), will be interesting to see if it works.

neilD
24-09-2009, 11:51 AM
No, they still need updates.

In the very latest MultiCAS there is a whole new section on NDS cards including entering Box ID and selecting whether or not to allow EMM's (updates), will be interesting to see if it works.

I just download the v157E-06_2k090920 version so I will have a look at that tonight. Where do you set these up? Is it through the OpenXCas menu for cams?

joe_b
24-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I just download the v157E-06_2k090920 version so I will have a look at that tonight. Where do you set these up? Is it through the OpenXCas menu for cams?

will be interested to know this myself.

cheers

gtg60
24-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Yes, once installed you go through the menu like this
OpenXCAS > Camd setup > MultiCAS > Smartcard Interface > CAS Control > NDS
and you're given these options:

Box ID mode: Auto / Manual
Modify Box ID: (You can enter the box key number in cardkeydata.txt in the MultiCAS folder and then upload it)
EMM Mode: Off / Single / All

I have a Blue card in it now with the EMM set to 'All' just to see if it will update it, will let you know.

neilD
24-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes, once installed you go through the menu like this
OpenXCAS > Camd setup > MultiCAS > Smartcard Interface > CAS Control > NDS
and you're given these options:

Box ID mode: Auto / Manual
Modify Box ID: (You can enter the box key number in cardkeydata.txt in the MultiCAS folder and then upload it)
EMM Mode: Off / Single / All

I have a Blue card in it now with the EMM set to 'All' just to see if it will update it, will let you know.

I assume that the box key is entered in HEX

goran
24-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Anyone knows about Premiere ****, please

MultiCAS or NewCS?

Cheers!

gtg60
24-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I assume that the box key is entered in HEX

I would assume so as it has eight characters. I don't have a White card to test it with and my Blue one is only FTV.

neilD
24-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Yes must be hex then. I have just installed it. Interesting thing about the version is that when you go on to the ************ options, you can set up both client, server & client/server (3 pages of options).

I can confirm that it works with the UK white sly card :respect-040:, I am currently testing recording on the SCFI channel (Knight rider - don't laugh), but its only just started so I need an hour to check if it records OK.

I also have enable EMMs (All) so I will let you know what happens

Cannot test the boxkey stuff as I only have the basic package.

satworld98
24-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes must be hex then. I have just installed it. Interesting thing about the version is that when you go on to the ************ options, you can set up both client, server & client/server (3 pages of options).

I can confirm that it works with the UK white sly card :respect-040:, I am currently testing recording on the SCFI channel (Knight rider - don't laugh), but its only just started so I need an hour to check if it records OK.

it will be good if it updates the card...fingers crossed

neilD
24-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Well it recorded OK and no freezes

joe_b
24-09-2009, 08:09 PM
where do you get the boxkey guys ?

FBOY
24-09-2009, 10:51 PM
The box key is the box to which the card was paired.

AJR
25-09-2009, 03:33 PM

Its in the menu of your sky box

There is a big thread in the forum giving exact details.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=622934&postcount=135

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=623610&postcount=153

satworld98
26-09-2009, 10:41 AM

Can you confirm whether multicas updated the card ?
Thanks

neilD
28-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Can you confirm whether multicas updated the card ?
Thanks

Don't know if updates work yet as I had it in a sly box at the weekend. I will leave it now in the Azbox to see what happens