PDA

View Full Version : What is the best TV at Present ?.

satfred
27-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Guys what is the best TV on the market at present ,i have looked at the Panasonic TX-P50V10 also the TX-P50G10, if any one can shed any light on the difference of these two beautys please post or anything about any TV Cheers guys Satfred.......................... ......:respect-014::respect-013:

Giga
27-09-2009, 04:06 PM
this is what HDTVtest had to say on the TX-P42V10 with this message:
While we did not test the 50-inch Panasonic TX-P50V10/ TX-P50V10B, there is no reason to believe that there will be any drastic difference in picture performance.

Conclusion

At this point, we guess the question on every video enthusiast’s mind is, “Can it dethrone the Pioneer 9G Kuro plasma as the best flat-panel HDTV we’ve tested to date?” We’re afraid not: the Panasonic TX-P42V10 ran the Pioneer Kuros really close (in fact the closest of them all), but ultimately fell short in the areas of black level, overall colour fidelity and standard-definition video processing.

Make no mistake though: the TX-P42V10 still delivers the best picture quality we’ve seen from a Panasonic plasma so far, thanks in no small part to its [THX] mode. Is the Panasonic TX-P42V10 worth paying £300 extra over the G10? When you take into account the [THX] mode’s accurate primary colours and 2.2 g a m m a out of the box, not to mention other perks like [Viera Cast], DLNA compatibility, additional HDMI port and PiP/PaP functionalities, for us the answer is a resounding yes.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-p42v10-tx-p50v10-20090602153.htm

at AVS was a thread: Panasonic TX-P50G10 or TX-P50V10?

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/1000363-panasonic-tx-p50g10-tx-p50v10.html

keith mawer
27-09-2009, 07:22 PM
well!!!!!! my entertainment unit arrives friday ..BUT NO HD 1080 TV.
having seen over 200 yes really tellies plasma /lcd im still unsure..
it looks closer than ever that it will be the lg47 7000 lcd..
i had looked at a 50" plasma and even if rumours are untrue dont want to risk screen burn ( only have tv on a couple of hours for footie!!)

skomedal
27-09-2009, 07:49 PM
well!!!!!! my entertainment unit arrives friday ..BUT NO HD 1080 ( only have tv on a couple of hours for footie!!)

BULLSH*T.... pull the other leg/tit..

According to your postings on this site and numerous others:-

You like to view the pron channels also!!!

Maybe thats why you want a HD telly?

Regards

simon 2003
27-09-2009, 08:11 PM
wouldnt swap my fuji 58 series 50" for anything

paul01609
27-09-2009, 08:19 PM
allways have a demo no point going by what others say about tv

Gone_Fishing
27-09-2009, 08:53 PM
You don't give a price range ?

If you could find a Pioneer Kuro then they are still considered one of the best especially for their black level which is still the darkest of all plasmas on the market today

Pioneer KRP-500M/600M (Panel only)
Pioneer KRP-500A/600A
Pioneer PDP-LX5090/LX6090

But you cant really go wrong with Panasonic although you might want to consider their Pro panels

Panasonic TH-42PF11/TH-50PF11 (Panels only)

If you have silly money to spend then their

Panasonic TH-50VX100/TH-65VX100 (Panels only)

TNT

TonyO
27-09-2009, 11:05 PM
panny is ok but in the spring my local sports club wanted a 42" tv and samsung were doing them for £499.

The picture is better than my panny but the sound is a bit weedy, the panny is not much better soundwise!

Aldo
27-09-2009, 11:36 PM
"BULLSH*T.... pull the other leg/tit"

I couldn't agree with you more, as I have also seen some of his posts on other forums, and as you have stated they are usually a load of Tosh or should that be Panny or even LG, Plasma or LCD.

TOWER
28-09-2009, 12:09 AM
There is no such thing as best tv on the market.
Everybody has there own opinion of what is best.
As for test reviews,a lot of these cannot be trusted as they have been paid by the manufacturers to test them.
Independent reviews are fine,but your own view may be different from theirs.

Giga
28-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Never watch a demo in the shop. Most flat screens have service menus not accessible by the home user. In there you have a setting for the shop display. Most of the time, you only see a demo running special for HD screens just showing of the good parts of flatscreens (colorwise, pixellation, ...). If you can find the tele you want in a real life situation. Make sure you buy the set for the main purpose you want: blu-ray / sports / movies / normal programs / XXX (fleshtones)/ ... Try to rent one, and see how it performs in your house! Most likely you will not find a flatscreen that does it good in all areas, so it is more of a quest to find the flatpanel suiting your needs for the money you want to spend. Once you have the flatscreen don't look back.:

Price Evolution in €:
Panasonic Viera TX-P50G10E
http://tweakers.net/ext/i/?ProduktID=236171
Panasonic Viera TX-P50V10
http://tweakers.net/ext/i/?ProduktID=243607

Red = minimum price
Gray = average price
Blue = price from zero point

Gone_Fishing
28-09-2009, 01:16 PM
As for test reviews,a lot of these cannot be trusted as they have been paid by the manufacturers to test them.

That's only true if based on personal opinion of what looks good to them and that's something that's subjective

But there is such a thing as best as far as a screen that can produce an accurate image conforming to a set of standards in other words ISF

If a screen has been ISF'd or is very close to that standard straight out of the box you know that the image on screen is the same as the image the director was looking at in the studio or what you see at the cinema as they all conform to the same standard whether you like it is another story

TNT

jaydee
28-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I,VE had the Panny 46inch 10B just over 2 weeks , to me it scores 10,s for picture quality. The cost £550 what a bargin.

jaydee
28-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Sorry its only a 42inch, got carried away.

jimmyboy
28-09-2009, 04:36 PM
I have a panasonic 50inch 1080p plasma for the last 12m - very happy with the pic quality and the prices have fallen since I bought mine.
Personally I would consider a Panasonic again or Sony LCD if I was buying again as the pioneer is over priced although the best pic quality. The only issue with a plasma is the energy consumption (around 600w) compaired with a modern low energy LCD of the same screen size, but the plasma have better grey/black range and less motion blur on fast moving objects such as footy.

keith mawer
28-09-2009, 05:08 PM
all these tvs are a matter of choice,, having had a toshiba for 11 years..( rear projection) have decided to now keep to toshiba again,
the prices are like a minefield out there as i found out today..

ATT SKOL: never look at xxx !!!

paul01609
28-09-2009, 05:30 PM
optoma hd65 projecter at 92" very happy :) carnt use my 1080p toshiba any more way to small

freebe
28-09-2009, 05:52 PM

@ Tower Yes i agree with you on that one.

@ all the rest you can't even start to compare a Tv to a Stand alone box ( HD ) they just don't seem to be able to get the Menu's and the add on's together.
Panna is a cramp in the ass on the built in Sat-Rec, Picture is 1A best that i have seen. ( TX-L37GW10 )
But whats the use of a Super Tv when you have to Pay for all the Programms.
;)

skomedal
28-09-2009, 05:55 PM
ATT SKOL: never look at xxx !!!

SKOL is a lager beer brewed in the Uk by allied breweries, in other parts of the world by various other brewing groups!

No members on this forum/site with the username SKOL, have checked..

Can only summise that its me you are referring too?

My username is skomedal.

Noticed that you like to cut usernames in your posts, is that polite?

Politeness costs nothing but gives other members a warmerer feeling..

Now giving you the chance to GET POST 2000.

Hope then you will stop opening useless threads/posts..

Regards

Aldo
28-09-2009, 06:23 PM
"Hope then you will stop opening useless threads/posts"

I am sure that there will be many other members who will hope that very same thing, however I think that it will only be wishful thinking.

Gone_Fishing
28-09-2009, 07:14 PM
optoma hd65 projecter at 92" very happy :) carnt use my 1080p toshiba any more way to small

They are really great for the money considered getting one myself if I had the right place for it to go I wouldn't hesitate :respect-051:

TNT

paul01609
28-09-2009, 07:34 PM
fantastic peace of kit they are,mines used all the time blown away using xbox and ps3 on it

satfred
28-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi guys thank you for your posts ,will take on board your views ,has always respect to all satpimps :respect-055::bowing-036: Satfred........

Gone_Fishing
28-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi guys thank you for your posts ,will take on board your views ,has always respect to all satpimps :respect-055::bowing-036: Satfred........

Good luck M8, you have chosen a good time to buy as the latest generation of screens are very well equipped as far as full picture adjustment is concerned manufacturers seemed to have listened to what people/enthusiasts are after from a consumer TV :king-042:

TNT