PDA

View Full Version : Best Solution for Sky UK in AZbox HD Premium?

jsimo01
29-09-2009, 11:08 PM
What is currently the best solution for s*y on this receiver?

I'm not looking to cardshare or anything and have tried MultiCAS (latest version) opens SD channels and BBC HD but not HD subscription channels (get "No Signal" message when tuning to these channels). Plus it freezes or pixellates frequently, which is far from ideal.

Does anybody have a working solution, I'll confess to being a bit of a noob, and yes, probably this may not have been the best box to start out with but any help will be much appreciated.

I've been reading around and know that NewCS and CCcam work with the new s*y cards, yet NewCS doesn't work on an internal reader, I have an omnikey 3121 smartcard reader but cannot find out how to get this working on the AZbox.

Thanks,

-John

Tarzan
29-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Latest version of Multicas reads my Blue card very well including HD channels with no freezes or pixellization..

iwols
29-09-2009, 11:31 PM
thought the blue cards were obsolete

jsimo01
30-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention, was still using the Blue card, specificallly what version are you using and do I need to do something other than entering the NDS box id (via Camd Setup) Please?

Many Thanks,

John

ian51
30-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Have you entered your boxkey? Don't forget that the card needs the boxkey for premium channels.

neilD
30-09-2009, 09:54 AM
No Signal doesn't sound right mine displays scrambled if it cannot open a channel. Check that the HD flag is set for the channel. What about other HD channels such a ITV/BBC which are open.
What version of the box firmware are you using? What version of MultiCAS

icedemon
30-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Premium channels open up with boxkey set on auto for blue card. Atleast for me. I don't have the premium HD channels though, channel 4 HD is FTA with card and that works for me.

gtg60
30-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm not looking to cardshare or anything and have tried MultiCAS (latest version) opens SD channels and BBC HD but not HD subscription channels (get "No Signal" message when tuning to these channels). Plus it freezes or pixellates frequently, which is far from ideal.

This works perfectly but there are some caveats, firstly make sure you are using the latest MultiCAS, you can get it from here:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=656948&postcount=17
Next, make sure you enter the box ID, search the internet for converters that will take the serial number from the bottom of your original box or the serial listed in the menu and convert it to a Hex key for you.
Then make sure you have ONLY MultiCAS running.
Finally for SOME of the HD premium channels you will need to enter the transponders manually and rescan as they changed recently.

Don't forget the thanks button is there if you find any posts useful.

spinmar
30-09-2009, 10:37 AM
This works perfectly but there are some caveats, firstly make sure you are using the latest MultiCAS, you can get it from here:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=656948&postcount=17

But that is the multicas with CCCam: is it official or beta? (I knew beta...).
I suppose that he should use a stable version....

gtg60
30-09-2009, 10:43 AM
But that is the multicas with CCCam: is it official or beta? (I knew beta...).
I suppose that he should use a stable version....

No, CCcam does not work in this version.
OP wants best solution to watch Sky in AZBox, this is it.

joe_b
30-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Next, make sure you enter the box ID, search the internet for converters that will take the serial number from the bottom of your original box or the serial listed in the menu and convert it to a Hex key for you.

where do you enter the box key in the azbox mate, thanks

Tarzan
30-09-2009, 10:56 AM
No, CCcam does not work in this version.
OP wants best solution to watch Sky in AZBox, this is it.

CCCam works with this version and is stable on 0.8W and fast zapping times...

It is glitchy with 28.2E and keeps breaking a lot...

When you insert your Sly card it ignores the cccam for 28.2 and works very well...

Use the plugins menu to install the latest version of MultiCAS and you should be fine...

And don't forget to restart you receiver...

gtg60
30-09-2009, 10:57 AM
where do you enter the box key in the azbox mate, thanks

Plugins > OpenXCAS > Camd Setup > MultiCAS > Smartcard Interface > CAS Control > NDS > Modify Box ID and then Save with the Red button.

hotirish99
30-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Plugins > OpenXCAS > Camd Setup > MultiCAS > Smartcard Interface > CAS Control > NDS > Modify Box ID and then Save with the Red button.

I have the old blue card working with MultiCAS, but it freezes quite a bit.

Do all versions of MutliCAS have the NDS option menu, because it's not appearing in mine?

neilD
30-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I have the old blue card working with MultiCAS, but it freezes quite a bit.

Do all versions of MutliCAS have the NDS option menu, because it's not appearing in mine?

No you have a older version, I have no freezes with my version. I suggest that you get the latest on and then you will see the NDS options etc.

The version I have is MultiCAS_v157E-D06_2k90920.tar

jsimo01
30-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Excellent!! Got everything working perfect, no more freezes!

I have FTP'd the files from the archive to the EMU/OpenXCAS/MultiCAS folder and applied chmod 755. I entered the boxkey in hex form and set EMM to All so I hope it updates; Is there any news on this? Is it possible to view the card entitlements as with CCcamInfo??

What about the S*y EPG, is it just Now and Next plus Freesat or can we get more? Is there a way to use XMLTV files, since the BBC are planning to encrypt the Freesat EPG this would be preferable down-the-line whenever they implement this?

Many Thanks,

John

EDIT: Just tested with recording since I installed HDD (Hitachi Deskstar) There are frequent freezes with recording, otherwise it is OK. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

AZbox HD Premium: Firmware 3281, MultiCAS MultiCAS_v157E-D06_2k90920, 28.2E (Eurobird/Astra 2A/B/C/D), NDS Blue Card, Sky HD + Movies.

neilD
01-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Excellent!! Got everything working perfect, no more freezes!

I have FTP'd the files from the archive to the EMU/OpenXCAS/MultiCAS folder and applied chmod 755. I entered the boxkey in hex form and set EMM to All so I hope it updates; Is there any news on this? Is it possible to view the card entitlements as with CCcamInfo??

What about the S*y EPG, is it just Now and Next plus Freesat or can we get more? Is there a way to use XMLTV files, since the BBC are planning to encrypt the Freesat EPG this would be preferable down-the-line whenever they implement this?

Many Thanks,

John

EDIT: Just tested with recording since I installed HDD (Hitachi Deskstar) There are frequent freezes with recording, otherwise it is OK. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

AZbox HD Premium: Firmware 3281, MultiCAS MultiCAS_v157E-D06_2k90920, 28.2E (Eurobird/Astra 2A/B/C/D), NDS Blue Card, Sky HD + Movies.

Don't record much from Sky but recorded Waking The Dead on BBC and watched it last night and it was fine. Do you get freezes only on Encrypted channels ? I don't remember which HD I installed but I know I went for a "fast" one with 8MB Cache.

Is the freesat EPG only transmitted by the BBC ?

jsimo01
01-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Unencrypted record OK it is just encrypted which leads me to believe it is a MultiCAS problem, when recording Channel 4 HD it starts to freeze and was more prevalent when playing back the recorded .ts file, BBC channels are fine.

Also of minor note it will not play Dreambox .ts files (Format Not Supported, or something)

Is there any news on the card updates situation? I've set the EMM to 'all' so if it works I presume it should update OK?

Many Thanks

EDIT: Also tested on SD encrypted channels and still getting freezes, is anybody else? Will it be addressed in upcoming releases of MultiCAS of the final version of 157-D06?

Yes only freesat transmitted by BBC will be affected, not sure if Sky EPG will work with these Freesat channels if Freesat EPG goes to encryption, I presume not.

Cheers,

John