PDA

View Full Version : New AZbox little help please

boblester40
30-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Hi guys first time post on here so i hope you can help , I have a new Azbox which i was trying to get up and running last night (used to have TM9100) so i have done the following in the following order.

1. reset box to factory
2. updated to 2371 firmware over internet.
3. Installed Channel list and satalite list from Anrakh
4. Installed cccam 2.1.1 from terroman and added cline

The first problem i have is that if i select a channel from the guide the satalite does not move to the correct location , so if I move the sat manually to the right location and then select a channel it still thinks there is no signal , if i perform sat scan the channels that it finds i can view but the scrambled dont clear . Its as is the channel list and satalites are not matching up . I have tunned a three of the major sats in on diseqc 1.2 and they seem to be right as when i put the technomate on a loop through and then move the dish with the azbox the technoomate works fine but the azbox will not have it on the channels form the list only channels which have been frshly scanned.

Any help would be great.

thanks
bob

boblester40
30-09-2009, 09:15 AM
A bit of further research has turned up that the channel list is set up for usuals and as i am trying to use diseqc, so will have to rest my dish, is there any thing else i am missing.

rgds
bob

Dig Deep
30-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Perhaps it would be a good idea to up date to the latest FW :respect-020:

boblester40
30-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Perhaps it would be a good idea to up date to the latest FW :respect-020:

Ok will try that , is the latest stable i heard the 2371 was most stable.

rgds
bob

xanadu
30-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Ok will try that , is the latest stable i heard the 2371 was most stable.

rgds
bob

3281 is the best and latest so far, via USB

Burnham
30-09-2009, 02:27 PM
You won't notice any difference between 2371 and 3281 with regard to your problems. No harm in trying it though.

CCcam is still very buggy with the AZBox, although it does work.

Let us know how you get on.

iwols
30-09-2009, 02:52 PM
you better creating your own list,you can use azboxedit to save your channels and sat postition but dont alter any settings with azboxedit and then reload to your azbox as it screws everything up with diseqc,be warned and good luck

boblester40
30-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the help guys, The dish is coming off the wall later to be properly aligned as it was a bit of a learning curve when i first did it and i dont think it is quite right , going to realign and do usuals and hopefully that wil sort the problem with the channels and lists and i have allways wanted to use usuals any how. I will get there but you know how it is when you are trying to sort it out and the Mrs is waiting to watch her programs

regards
bob

neilD
30-09-2009, 03:00 PM
You won't notice any difference between 2371 and 3281 with regard to your problems. No harm in trying it though.

CCcam is still very buggy with the AZBox, although it does work.

Let us know how you get on.

There is a difference which is very useful in the 3281 there is the freesat 7 day EPG for the UK Free to Air channels. It worth installing it for this alone.
Also the Audi options are better if you feed the output to any form of 5.1 equipment.

iwols
30-09-2009, 05:12 PM
hi neild can you tell me what you mean by the options are better if your outputting to 5.1 please

neilD
01-10-2009, 10:21 AM
hi neild can you tell me what you mean by the options are better if your outputting to 5.1 please

If you read the release note you will see that one of the new features is that they have expanded the audio options. From memory (I am at work) you can now select for each type of "sound" what output type for example RAW output or PCM, PCM being the default If you have a good audio amplifier the RAW output is better. There are about 5 different "sound" formats you can alter and also set up some defaults.

Sorry cannot be more specific but I set it up a few weeks ago