PDA

View Full Version : transfer from ext hd to internal quickest??

iwols
30-09-2009, 03:09 PM
i can anyone tell me the quickest way to get a file from an external drive to the internal one as ftp takes ages thanks

gtg60
30-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Take out the internal one and put it in a caddy or PC and transfer it that way, otherwise you're dealing with the restricted bandwidth until the 'fabled' new drivers appear.

spinmar
30-09-2009, 03:44 PM
The true is that you cannot find a quick method :D
Actually a big limitation in azboxhd is the speed transfer of lan and usb..... Very very slow!

iwols
30-09-2009, 03:55 PM
oh dear but thanks for the reply guys

Tyger
17-10-2009, 01:58 AM
The true is that you cannot find a quick method :D
Actually a big limitation in azboxhd is the speed transfer of lan and usb..... Very very slow!

Hi, I:m a Newbie here wondering whether to go for the Elite with a decent USB2 1TB external HD. An Int SATA (on the Premium) would be quicker of course, but I would like to record HD and maybe watch .mkv films over my LAN....would prefer to know this and save for a Premium if Elite would not be suitable....

Many thanks from someone who has not yet got an AZBox :-)

Tyger

iwols
17-10-2009, 10:01 AM
hi the transfer speeds have improved regarding transfer from ext hd to internal h/d.and are ok...i believe the lan speeds are still near the border for mkv files and it is still limited....if your getting it mainly for mkv files be careful because they are not 100 per cent playable yet ,i have loads of problems playing them,juddering freezing and just stopping,i think at the minute other file formats play better..re premium or elite ,ide go for the premium

Dr.Mark
19-10-2009, 01:18 PM
I have an internal SATA that I use for recording. I would like to transfer a number of files to the USB HDD. What commands can I use to do this without using ftp?

TIA !

zeini
19-10-2009, 01:45 PM
You can use the remote-control!
With filemanager you can copy the files to USB-HDD.

Dr.Mark
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
You can use the remote-control!
With filemanager you can copy the files to USB-HDD.

zeini, in Storage Manager, USB1 and USB2 are grey'd-out and I cannot access them.
Do I need to format to ext2 or ext3 externally?
FORMAT disk option will only see the internal SATA drive.

zeini
07-11-2009, 07:24 PM
If you don't see the usb disk in Storage Manager, so the Box can't read it. Do you press the left- or right-button to switch to usb storage in Storage Manage? The usb must be formatted in FAT32 or in ext2, or in ext3. The box itselfs formatted the storage only in ext3.

Dr.Mark
08-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I should have said that in File Manager, usb1 and usb2 are grey'd out.

In Storage Manager, if I try to use left or right keys, then nothing happens.
It only "sees" the Linux SATA drive.

My plan is to format the external disk in ext3, try to mount it and then use telnet to cp files across the different devices. I cannot figure out why the AZbox doesn't see it, as soon as I plug it in :001_07:

zeini
08-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Do the usb-drive have its own power-supply? If not, the power from usb-inerface is not sufficient, may be.

Dr.Mark
08-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Do the usb-drive have its own power-supply? If not, the power from usb-inerface is not sufficient, may be.
I read that elsewhere (but couldn't believe it) and YES, it fixed the problem.

File Manager let me mark, copy and paste to the FAT32 external drive. Reasonable speeds, far quicker than FTP :respect-059:

thanks again!