PDA

View Full Version : Recorde file format (TS) to AVI

neilD
07-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Is there a way to convert the stored recorded format to say AVI so I can watch on any normal DVD player which supports the format.

I recorded something last night and wish to convert it so a friend can watch it, he has only a normal Sony DVD player,.

Thanks

Giga
07-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Format Factory (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=645336) <= click here

jsimo01
07-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Windows MovieMaker should also be able to convert it to dvd, or ConvertXtoDVD 3.

For .avi I suggest Handbrake or MeGUI, using MPEG2CUT to remove commercials.

MCEBudddy will automate the process but ComSkip while very good is not 100% perfect as it often leaves the adbreak transition video at the start and end of commercial break in place.

MeGUI is by far the best IMHO!

hfmls
07-10-2009, 11:08 AM
without a doubt winnydows :)
the best

jsimo01
07-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Says he with a linux stb :001_302:

The best way I've found to back up recordings onto my media server (running ubuntu!) is:

Standard Definition:-

[.ts]>TSDoctor>ProjectX>[.mpv/.mpa/.sub]>DGIndex>MeGUI AviScript Creator>AvsP>MeGui (x264)>MKVmerge>[.mkv file]

Then it plays back on the AZbox across the network or ConvertX2DVD to burn to disc.

x264 offers better compressibility than XviD without a doubt and the .mkv container is far superior to .avi being able to carry subtitle and multiple audio streams as well as chapter information and a lot more!

neilD
07-10-2009, 12:30 PM
formatfactory looked the easiest to use. I am want to convert Stargate Universe to a DVD for a friend who forgot to record it last night so I am going for what looks likes the simplest solution.

tx0
07-10-2009, 12:40 PM
virtualDub is the best ever program for recoding.

hfmls
07-10-2009, 12:58 PM
windows/linux

avidemuxer really good

Gone_Fishing
07-10-2009, 01:10 PM
AVI is just a container, you need to know what codecs his dvd player supports

If it supports Divx or Xvid/AVI then AutoGK is the best solution

Was this a SD recording or HD because if it was SD that means its MPEG2 in a TS container DVD is also MPEG2 so you don't need to convert anything just change the container so no encoding which is slow and you get loss of quality

VideoReDo TVSuite can do all of it in one go but its not free

If you want to do it using freeware then "ProjectX" can demux the audio and video and "DVDlab" can create a DVD using the demuxed files

TNT

neilD
07-10-2009, 01:20 PM
AVI is just a container, you need to know what codecs his dvd player supports

If it supports Divx or Xvid/AVI then AutoGK is the best solution

Was this a SD recording or HD because if it was SD that means its MPEG2 in a TS container DVD is also MPEG2 so you don't need to convert anything just change the container so no encoding which is slow and you get loss of quality

VideoReDo TVSuite can do all of it in one go but its not free

If you want to do it using freeware then "ProjectX" can demux the audio and video and "DVDlab" can create a DVD using the demuxed files

TNT
It was only SD.

I have downloaded a copy of ProjectX and you mention the demuxed video and audi do you know if Nero can burn this to a DVD or do I really need DVDLab (I see that there is a 30 day free trial available of DVDLab on the website)

hfmls
07-10-2009, 01:44 PM
avidemuxer is a software that encodes to every codecs :) u can use that

Gone_Fishing
07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
It was only SD.

I have downloaded a copy of ProjectX and you mention the demuxed video and audi do you know if Nero can burn this to a DVD or do I really need DVDLab (I see that there is a 30 day free trial available of DVDLab on the website)

DVDLAb creates the dvd that you then burn to disc, I didn't know that you needed to purchase dvdlab that version use to be free

TNT

Giga
07-10-2009, 02:12 PM
you could also use DVD Flick: .ts is supported, makes an .ISO image and can be burned with ImgBurn

DVD Flick aims to be a simple but at the same time powerful DVD Authoring tool. It can take a number of video files stored on your computer and turn them into a DVD that will play back on your DVD player, Media Center or Home Cinema Set. You can add additional custom audio tracks, subtitles as well as a menu for easier navigation.

http://www.dvdflick.net/index.php

neilD
07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
you could also use DVD Flick: .ts is supported, makes an .ISO image and can be burned with ImgBurn

http://www.dvdflick.net/index.php

Have downloaded dvdflick looks like it might do the job. Waiting now for the upload to finish from Azbox to my PC. It so slow. Tried FTP but again it corrupted my upload so there is a bug in FTP.

I would adivse all just to use SSH. It is slower but at least it appears to work.

Giga
07-10-2009, 06:50 PM
if .TRP is split over several files .001 .002 you have to join them before working on these: TS-Doctor: Menu: Tools: Merge files

TS 1.00 - Search function for next sync byte in packet editor
- Hex mode for the packet number field in packet editor
- Resync of streams with more than one problem region fixed
- Better scaling of the main form
- Direct support of teletext and subtitles
- More meaningful error message for missing PCR
- Packet filter now with stream type description
- Pure PCR streams are now shown as special stream types
- For streams whitout PMT now also teletext and subtitle stream are supported
- Some changes of the design
- Enhanced help function in the main form
- Display of the full language name
- Default settings for the removing of teletext and subtitles

http://www.cypheros.de/dvb_e.html

jsimo01
07-10-2009, 06:53 PM
TSSplitter (File>Open for Joining) and then TsRemux (to correct timestamps) will also do the job!