PDA

View Full Version : Media Renderer on Azbox ?

pitman
10-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Is it possible to install a UPNP-Media-Renderer on the Azbox ?

For example GMediaRender (http://gmrender.nongnu.org)

pitman
14-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Is the question above not answerable ?
Is it technical impossible ?
Or may it be an idea for the future ?

tx0
14-10-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm not sure about the result but why don't you just compile
this for Debian-MIPS platform and install it?

pitman
14-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Cause I am a Linux-Noob ;-)

pitman
14-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Seriously:
What I want to do with GMediaRenderer on the Azbox:

I want to control my music (stored on my Twonky-NAS-Server) with the iPhone-APP "plugplayer" and bring it to my AzBox.

All is connected through the UPNP Standard:
NAS (Twonky) => UPNP-Server
iPhone (Plugplayer) => UPNP-Remote
AzBox (GmediaRenderer) => UPNP-Client (Renderer)

I found in another forum that the Popcorn Hour Box provides UPNP-Rendering since one of the latest firmware-updates.

And cause of that, I think, that it is possible to use the AzBox as a UPNP-Renderer, too.

What do you think about this ?

tx0
14-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I think that AZbox have similar features you are asking for. Thats only my humble opinion tho. you can mount your remote files as samba/MS network disk and use em. Also there are more significant problems that AZ-developers have to sort out. I agree that end user can ask for some extra features. and one doesn't have to be a unix geek to make it itself.. AFAIK we should get something like that when we are paying for the product, right? But there are some higher-priority features that should be fixed ASAP. Such as an E-Mail client. Even specific button on remote control exists but email doesn't works.

pitman
15-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I know about the azbox featuers. Its right i am able to control my music library with the azbox.
But i search for a way, to control this library with my iphone. It is more userfriendly then the azbox remote and it allows to control the music from anywhere inside my Wifi-Network. So I must not sit in front of my TV, to search for the next song. And my TV must not be switched on.

UPNP seems to be the best connection-protocol between all devices. But unfortunately the azbox is not equipped with UPNP-features.

When I read that the popcorn hour is able to function as a UPNP-renderer, since one of the last firmware updates, i hoped that the azbox will function as a renderer, too.

But I canīt find a solution...

gubernator
15-10-2009, 11:40 AM
take a look at the webinterface Koivo made, there's a special version for smartphones