PDA

View Full Version : 2 new psu's or a new box ?

we are borg
10-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi guys

I have 2 humax 5400 both with psus gone is it worth me getting new psu's or a differnt sat receiver ?

And no I cant solder the components as me soldering is about as effiecient as stevie wonder washing your car

we are borg

derrick luffer
10-10-2009, 09:51 PM
well after 2 hrs of washing youd have to give him a tip as he leant on your pride and joy and he burst into ISNT SHE LOVELY,dl

passete
10-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi guys

I have 2 humax 5400 both with psus gone is it worth me getting new psu's or a differnt sat receiver ?

And no I cant solder the components as me soldering is about as effiecient as stevie wonder washing your car

we are borg

Here you can find Psu For 15euros :

http://shop.****.de/i.html?_nkw=humax+power&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=huma+power&_osacat=0

But, it's maybe time to move on, a Dvb/s2 receiver ?
Linux or not Linux :D

PS: on **** read e b a y

snakie
11-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Keep the humy :)
I have dm8000 and all other models , but i always use my humy with our soft Fausto, works good with CCcam, internal emu and so on ..
So you have everything if you have a pc somewhere near

we are borg
11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi Guys

Passette thanks for the link m8.

as for keeping the humax's my preferred option is to keep it despite it being a few years old its flexibilty is still one of the best.

Will now go and get psu's I think

Thanks

we are borg

Gone_Fishing
11-10-2009, 03:01 PM
When my Humax PSU went I got a TM9100 best decision I've made in this game couldn't go back now once setup you can do everything from the remote and forget about your PC

If I was you I'd go the linux box route maybe wait for the DM500 HD

Enjoyed my humax at the time and it still may be able to open channels using the same methods as a linux box when combined with a pc but its like comparing a gramophone with a cd player both play music but there miles apart

TNT