PDA

View Full Version : disecq motor problem

caribe
16-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Lately, I'm having a weird problem when switching from one sat to another. It never happens if I go to 30W, 19E, 13E or 1W.

However if I go to Fox Sports on 8W, sometimes the image takes even up to half a minute to appear after the motor stopped. Other times, simply the red indicator of signal strength doesn't appear. This also happens if I go to 15W or 12.5W.

In fact, last night I turned on the receiver, I had left it on Fox Sports on 8W, and there it was!, perfect!. Then I switched to a free channel on 30W, for about an hour. When I went back to Fox, nothing doing!, I tried to fine tune but I couldn't get anything on the lower bar indicating signal quality.

Since the motor seems to be working ok, I wonder if it might have to do with the channel settings or with some part of the 5400 hardware.

Any commentsd or advice?

Giga
16-10-2009, 03:59 PM
cable to the lnb, has it room to move, connectors? weaker channels?

caribe
16-10-2009, 06:19 PM
cable to the lnb, has it room to move, connectors? weaker channels?

Well Giga, certainly the reception on those 3 sats is not as strong as Astra and Hispasat, but neither it is on 1W and I only have problems with this one when there is very heavy rain. When the reception is ok, Fox on 8w comes in perfectly.

As far as the cable and connectors, I checked both and they are ok.