PDA

View Full Version : Az ups and downs

Dig Deep
16-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I am sitting here, sipping a nice single malt (Thanīks Mr G:)
and think about the AZ and itīs future-reading and thinking.

Lots of problems I think is still unsolved. We have not found a GOOD working CS cam. Still some small problems with a few of them nice extras that been published here and elsewhere. Many good small programs are coming, some working 10/4 others are on the way.

Many posts are negative to the box, canīt really understand that. I always press the fact that the box is in Beta. You canīt expect a beta box to run like (think it was a Ferrari with out engine). Beta means in the beginning, the second stage as I never really seen an Alfa box yet.

My box serves me good. Works with only some minor problems, a re-boot or a re-start of cam is neede but what the heck is that. I see no real problem. Think the programmers get stressed by reading all those fix that posts. Of course they need to know what is working and not working but it puts some pressure on them. Thatīs why we have all those (not public) updates coming. Better leave them alone for a whil, think they know what must be done and I am sure they working on it.

Now, here is what made me post this.....

All AZ question post get messy after a while. ******ing a thread is more standard than it should be. All problems should be discussed in one thread only and all the other post should go to General AZ chat - thread.
A how to fix (or do) thread that is sticky should be a read only thread. All comments could be in the chat thread :respect-059: as it gets very hard to read and understand after a while.
Well, this is what I think, now I declare this a General AZ chat thread.

So, please, use this thread and stop messing up other(more useful) threads.

Have a great weekend and let us hope for a cool FW 1.0 when it is ready for us all.

goran
16-10-2009, 09:05 PM
'Ello, m8!

Just tried calling you. I need your help this time - a little mechanical break in my old VHS and I need to repair it... HELP!!! :)

I take it a good single malt then? ;)

Yes, we all agree on "Beta is - Beta".

But for how long? Patience is running thin in many quarters, it seems to me...

It's high time Opensat/Celrun and their buddies [suppliers] at processor support do it right, as other boxes are coming onto the market and DMM will soon send its 500HD, too. Similar price. Much better support, as we all know [no good to shove the head into the sand and play ostrich games - it's self-destructive!!!]...

Good luck to us all!

zeini
16-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Yea, there are lots of problems.

In german board is a bugtracker (http://wiki.myazbox.de/index.php/Bugtracker) you can see the bugs now.

gandalfthegrey
16-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Some guys have all the luck..single malt!!
I'm stuck in work for the next 12 hrs with another 24 to go...Night shifts, bloody bane of my life...Still enjoy Dig and have one for me..
cheers :cheers2:

terrorman
16-10-2009, 10:24 PM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9679/demo2n.jpg

paul01609
16-10-2009, 10:49 PM
carnt aford to drink now i have no job lol

goran
16-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah but every L*i*d*l helps!!! :D :D :D:respect-059::respect-056:

Dig Deep
17-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes, maybe more downs than upīs but still, they are very close to a major UPīs :king-042:

The box is working and ccc is working and reports tells that mbox are very close to be a Hit.

Really, what do You expect from a beta ? More speed , lol

I agree that they(the Opensat community) are a bit slow on info.

Recon they have reasons. Anyway, we, the AZ boxers have the power in our house - all we need is some potent diesel.:respect-051:

terrorman
17-10-2009, 07:38 PM
in the box puts nothing of BETA and when you sell puts nothing of BETA

only want to work

Dig Deep
18-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Yes, all this freezing could be a problem with the Internet system.
The ccc and multicas seems to be working fine.
The kids needs the subtext to work better, it did in the FW before this one so I hope it will be sorted soon.
OpenXcas seems to be a hot problem. Else the box is working fine:respect-046:

terrorman
18-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Year 2050 Firm 1.0

goran
18-10-2009, 10:21 AM
:smilielol5::respect-applause-00:respect-013::sifone::respect-039::rofl::king-041::reddevil:

Opensat?!? :respect-050:

hanswurscht
18-10-2009, 10:33 AM
the Box is working fine?
I think you dont do anything with your Box Dig Deep!

Try to play some Muic, start a Film, go back to TV and switch a Channel, and yeah, rebooting....again.
This Box is only one, a complete Bug, not stable anymore since playing with Emu Folder, but this is not the Problem for Crashes.
Ive deleted all Plugins, no Plugin there and I can crash the Box in 2 Minutes without any special doing.