PDA

View Full Version : Ur 23

traveller
18-10-2009, 10:24 AM
I have only had it running for a few hours but the first problem is that my Vbox II used to come out of standby on switching on the TM 9100 and then go back into standby on switching off. It now just shows the sat number all the time.

traveller
18-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Some of the remote keys have changed. The OK button and the UP/Down work differently.

PS it's loaded in flash with a 16k swapfile on SD card.

tr8.
18-10-2009, 12:14 PM
having a play with it at this momment, and do like it quick channel change, on 9100 with 128 swap on 1gb sd card, only issue for me is it does not switch off the power to my vboxII as stated above when power down.
This does mean it wil have to come back off later today until can be sorted as will mess up my other reciever on the dish, did not like it when i hit record by accident, as no HD attached and needed reboot. loaded cams (ccc) and ran smooth via ethernet and recieved other end smooth as well.
picture quality very good, and sound

tr8.
18-10-2009, 12:44 PM
not over happy with my channel list, it does not like 5e ( old prob can't remember remedy), and seems to do a soft reboot when moving from / to sats
think will try edg4.4 this afternoon always ment to give it a go, this is not as great step forward over ur18 which has been running most of this year with no probs on my machine

tlal05
19-10-2009, 10:51 AM
hi guys,

installed ur23 in to flash today.
1st impression yes good image but does a sft boot when i was configuring my motorised set up
cams in the menu are pre-installed i have tried to remove them but the machine says they are there (when i pressed the blue buttton) gone into my addon manager there is only the cam i wanted (mg&newcs) but no others

yep remote has different functions on it ie left and right now changes the volume

do i need to do a factory reset after i load the image on? as i didnt and just carried on as norm.

tlal05

traveller
19-10-2009, 06:40 PM
I did a factory reset after the install and had the problems above. Still it's worth doing it just to clear out any old stuff from memory.

traveller
20-10-2009, 06:15 PM
After a few days of use, good news as the Vbox II does work with this image, I just switched the Vbox to standby on the front panel and when the TM needs to move the dish it does so without the Vbox front panel showing anything. I might move the Vbox out of sight as it's not the best looking item under the TV.

tr8.
20-10-2009, 07:04 PM
After a few days of use, good news as the Vbox II does work with this image, I just switched the Vbox to standby on the front panel and when the TM needs to move the dish it does so without the Vbox front panel showing anything. I might move the Vbox out of sight as it's not the best looking item under the TV.

I have now taken the image back off but i think all you are doing is turning the display on and off, this image did not allow me to have two recievers working on one vboxII ie turn either on and it works as long as the others recievers off.
Unfortunately both my vbox's are in the roof ( advantage of a bungalow) so not easy to check but i thought the box would not move a dish in standby
I have the same with either ur8 or 9 ( not sure it was over 2 years ago)and when i checked with a meter it was not powering down to standby.

ps how stable has the image been? any resets? and does it still seem to soft reboot when moving sats?

Been up to look at them, if i turn the display off when a reciever is on it continues to work, turn the reciever of and on and back comes the display and works on and off with the reciever, the display will not stay off unless i keep it powered. thats the same on all 4 recievers and both vboxII's

traveller
20-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi Tr8, As it's been a few days I haven't have one reset yet, either on channel filping or moving to channels on other sats. UR 18 was so good in that respect so stable, only one or two crashes in over a year. I just hope UR 23 is as good.

tr8.
21-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks. that was how it looked it seemed very good. If only a fix can be found for the power to the vbox that would be great as i do run more than 1 reciever per dish and the wife wont let me put a 3rd up.
The only other option is to put the dm7020 on the same dish as its hardly used but i do plan to change it soon. Possibly to a AZbox as it seem to be getting sorted, find it difficult to justify the dm8000 price.

sphinx700
22-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi all,

Here is a fix for the Sirius 5E problem.

Change the following line in the /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config file.

i:/elitedvb/DVB/config/lnbs/0/satellites/23/OrbitalPosition=00000030

to

i:/elitedvb/DVB/config/lnbs/0/satellites/23/OrbitalPosition=00000032

Then restart enigma, type killall enigma in telnet.

The problem is that the config file has the sat position as 4.8E, so chaging this line changes the sat to 5E.

TheGod
26-10-2009, 03:56 PM
I installed UR 23 last Saturday and since then it has rebooted only once. So I think this image is as stable as the previous UR 18.
Also, I downloaded the CST motorised channel list and with that 5E works without any modifications.

I have noticed that whereas in UR 18, DigiTV was working with mgcamd (and not with cccam), with UR 23 it is the other way round (DigiTV working with cccam but not with mgcamd). Anyway, this is not a problem ... afterall we can still watch DigiTV.

My overall impression is that this is an excellent image so thanks to the UR Team :respect-014:

tlal05
27-10-2009, 02:14 PM
hi guys,
i have had ur23 for over a week or 2 now and not had a single issue with it no boot probs
only issue i did have was sirus but all i did was change my sat config from 5.0 to 4.8
it was a simple step and my vboxII went straight to the sat no probs.
good image and very very stable.

if anyone would like to know how to sort out the 5.0e prob just shout as we all help each other and that what counts.

regards

tlal05

echelon
11-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I find that I have had no reboot issues but the sound goes out of sync a lot , especially on channels like sly 1 , and pressing the audio button doesnt always fix it , neither does restarting the emu

channel hopping to sly2 and then back to sly 1 can fix it but it will reappear again

so although some issues like rebooting and freezing seem to have been resolved , the old problems of audio sync are still with us in this image

echelon
18-11-2009, 02:36 PM
I find that I have had no reboot issues but the sound goes out of sync a lot , especially on channels like sly 1 , and pressing the audio button doesnt always fix it , neither does restarting the emu

channel hopping to sly2 and then back to sly 1 can fix it but it will reappear again

so although some issues like rebooting and freezing seem to have been resolved , the old problems of audio sync are still with us in this image

well , after using this image for a couple of weeks I can say the reboot problems are still there , random freezes still occur and the lipsync issue as abysmal , and UR18 was a better image with a channel list from fewer button presses ( er indoors complaining ) so looks like I am going to have to go back to it

mack
20-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi all
just put ur23 on my tm9100s upstairs and am i correct in saying that in motorized mode this image will not find sirus/astra5 east.
The reason why im asking is im considering upgrading to the new image on the box downstairs.
i have ur18 on my downstairs box[ [same box] which is configured to my motorized dish and has no faults apart from the hacksat download error a while back. regards