PDA

View Full Version : Mount movies folder on one AZbox to another

slegs
24-10-2009, 09:00 AM
I have 2 AZboxes, a Premium and an Elite. I want to map the movies, mousic folders from the premium to the elite. I tried this but I get connection refused. 192.168.1.10 is the premium

mount.cifs 192.168.1.10:/DATA/movie /DATA/movie -o user=root,pass=azbox

any ideas?

xln747
24-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi, you have to have the samba file sharing network running on the premium. In my experience this will only run if you run it from the settings menu but nothing else works at the same time (unless you have your own script to keep samba running in the background)

Hope this helps

slegs
24-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks. Yes that worked perfectly. What would be the command to have the file share running in the background? I could put it in as a script on startup.

gtg60
24-10-2009, 11:50 AM
This is an interesting idea as I have an Elite and Premium too, can you post the full details once you have it working properly?

Also, would this work with a NAS? i.e. could I map both folders onto a NAS drive and work from there?

slegs
24-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Found this on azboxworld...trying it out now

05/10/09 - revised and tested with latest FW 0.9.3501

1. set /MMP to writeable, type command : mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /MMP
2. Edit SAMBA config-file /MMP/etc/samba/smb.conf, attched my example, just put your workgroup and boxname:
[global]
workgroup = ZOOLANDER
server string = AZBOX SAT
netbios name = AZBOX
security = share
load printers = no
dns proxy = no
encrypt passwords = no
guest ok = yes
guest account = nobody

#=== Share Definitions =========
[music]
path = /DATA/hdb1/music
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
[picture]
path = /DATA/hdb1/picture
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
[movie]
path = /DATA/hdb1/movie
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
[recordfile]
path = /DATA/hdb1/recordfile
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes

3. Edit /MMP/etc/samba/lmhost (this's my example, put your own IPs according your network):

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.1 router
192.168.1.10 dreambox
192.168.1.15 samsung
192.18.1.5 azbox
192.168.1.25 peta

4. Download this file S50smbd and unpack it to /MMP/etc/start.d/ and set chmod 755
5. Download S40nmbd file and unpack it to /DISK2/ and set attributes again by command chmod 755 /DISK2/S40nmbd

6. Rename smbd original start script by typing command: mv /MMP/usr/bin/smbd_script.sh /MMP/usr/bin/smbd_script.old
(renaming this will disable killing samba (fileserver) when receiver is going from/to stand-by mode
7. Last command to type, just for safety : sync
9. Press and hold stand-by button on remote for more than 3secs, it will do reboot.

xln747
24-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Cheers guys, you beat me to it. I had a script for this on previous firmware but it needs modifying. These should do the trick

slegs
24-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Cant quite seem to get this working. If you get yours working pls post

feedme
24-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Found this on azboxworld...trying it out now

05/10/09 - revised and tested with latest FW 0.9.3501

1. set /MMP to writeable, type command : mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /MMP
2. Edit SAMBA config-file /MMP/etc/samba/smb.conf, attched my example, just put your workgroup and boxname:
[global]
workgroup = ZOOLANDER
server string = AZBOX SAT
netbios name = AZBOX
security = share
load printers = no
dns proxy = no
encrypt passwords = no
guest ok = yes
guest account = nobody

#=== Share Definitions =========
[music]
path = /DATA/hdb1/music
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
[picture]
path = /DATA/hdb1/picture
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
[movie]
path = /DATA/hdb1/movie
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
[recordfile]
path = /DATA/hdb1/recordfile
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes

3. Edit /MMP/etc/samba/lmhost (this's my example, put your own IPs according your network):

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.1 router
192.168.1.10 dreambox
192.168.1.15 samsung
192.18.1.5 azbox
192.168.1.25 peta

4. Download this file S50smbd and unpack it to /MMP/etc/start.d/ and set chmod 755
5. Download S40nmbd file and unpack it to /DISK2/ and set attributes again by command chmod 755 /DISK2/S40nmbd

6. Rename smbd original start script by typing command: mv /MMP/usr/bin/smbd_script.sh /MMP/usr/bin/smbd_script.old
(renaming this will disable killing samba (fileserver) when receiver is going from/to stand-by mode
7. Last command to type, just for safety : sync
9. Press and hold stand-by button on remote for more than 3secs, it will do reboot.

Just one silly note:

The original idea of having samba running only from menu is BORN DEAD.
I just wonder why ... :beatdeadhorse5:

xln747
25-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Hi, Haven't tried this but you could try putting both files into /DISK2/etc/start.d
This will start them as user scripts so they should work. Will try myself later

xln747
25-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Okay, have now got this working.
Change as per above with the inputs to samba.conf and lmhosts
Placed these files in /DATA/etc/start.d and renamed the nmbd file to S60nmbd which allows it to run after the S50smbd.
Copy samba.conf and lmhosts into /DATA/etc/start.d .
Change S50smbd.sh input the line /MMP/usr/sbin/smbd -s /DISK2/etc/start.d/smb.conf; to read from the DATA/etc/start.d folder
Change S60nmbd.sh input the line /MMP/usr/sbin/nmbd -D -H /DATA2/etc/start.d/lmhosts; to read from the DATA/etc/start.d folder

Finally rename the smbd_script.sh file as above

This works for me, hope it does for you too

slegs
25-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Okay, have now got this working.
Change as per above with the inputs to samba.conf and lmhosts
Placed these files in /DATA/etc/start.d and renamed the nmbd file to S60nmbd which allows it to run after the S50smbd.
Copy samba.conf and lmhosts into /DATA/etc/start.d .
Change S50smbd.sh input the line /MMP/usr/sbin/smbd -s /DISK2/etc/start.d/smb.conf; to read from the DATA/etc/start.d folder
Change S60nmbd.sh input the line /MMP/usr/sbin/nmbd -D -H /DATA2/etc/start.d/lmhosts; to read from the DATA/etc/start.d folder

Finally rename the smbd_script.sh file as above

This works for me, hope it does for you too

I presume you mean

Placed these files in /DISK2/etc/start.d and renamed the nmbd file to S60nmbd which allows it to run after the S50smbd.
Copy samba.conf and lmhosts into /DISK2/etc/start.d .
Change S50smbd.sh input the line /MMP/usr/sbin/smbd -s /DISK2/etc/start.d/smb.conf; to read from the DISK2/etc/start.d folder
Change S60nmbd.sh input the line /MMP/usr/sbin/nmbd -D -H /DISK2/etc/start.d/lmhosts; to read from the DISK2/etc/start.d folder

slegs
25-10-2009, 08:22 PM
OK, i tried this but when I then try this command on my Elite

mount.cifs //192.168.1.10/movie /DATA/movie -o user=nobody,pass=

where 10 is the premium

I get

mount error 5 = Input/output error
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

but

It must be working fine on premium becuase i can connect from my PC in File manager...

Any thoughts?

slegs
27-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Any Linux samba gurus know what the problem is here? The file sharing is working as I can map and use the folder in read/write mode from my Vista PC but I cannot connect from my Elite.

slegs
30-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Bumpety bump...surely someone knows samba?