PDA

View Full Version : MLB Baseball 2009 World Series

hozcanhan
24-10-2009, 09:43 AM
World Series begin on the 28th of Oct.:respect-067:
ESPN America and Fox Sports will be transmitting the games live.
For those interested, let's meet here and exchange info and discuss the odds.:party:

hozcanhan
31-10-2009, 10:58 AM
how do you expect an all American sport to find supporters in a British crowd.
How about cricket guys ?

caribe
01-11-2009, 01:40 PM
how do you expect an all American sport to find supporters in a British crowd.
How about cricket guys ?

Sorry hozcanhan, I didn't see your first comment in time, otherwise I would certainly have said something about what for me is the most cherished sports time of the year.

A few years ago, I developed a prediction system based purely on the won-lost records at home and away, and in this postseason it gave me the winners on all series so far. For the WS it gave the Yankees most likely to win in 6 or 7, and after game 3 it sort of looks that way.

Interesting series so far although I have seen better ones.

Cheers

hozcanhan
06-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Sorry hozcanhan, I didn't see your first comment in time, otherwise I would certainly have said something about what for me is the most cherished sports time of the year.

A few years ago, I developed a prediction system based purely on the won-lost records at home and away, and in this postseason it gave me the winners on all series so far. For the WS it gave the Yankees most likely to win in 6 or 7, and after game 3 it sort of looks that way.

Interesting series so far although I have seen better ones.

Cheers

Thx Caribe ...you are right on the money. I hope you placed a bet my friend. Yankees it was in 6. Though my Phillies lost, Hopefully see you next year.:driving:

caribe
06-11-2009, 01:40 PM
No, I didn't bet. As you probably noticed I am a Cardinals fan, still recovering from the disaster with the Dodgers. I wanted the Phillies to win, but with the horrible batting performance by Rollins and Howard in the Series I didn't see how they could do it.

As you say, see you next year.

hozcanhan
07-11-2009, 10:18 AM
No, I didn't bet. As you probably noticed I am a Cardinals fan, still recovering from the disaster with the Dodgers. I wanted the Phillies to win, but with the horrible batting performance by Rollins and Howard in the Series I didn't see how they could do it.

As you say, see you next year.

Yes caribe I noticed and I wonder how the Cards have not made it to WS. I think there is a need for a dramatic change in St. Louis.
As for Rollins and especially Howard ( he was the strike out leader in play offs) , I think the Yankees just batted better; which shouldn't have if you are gonna win the WS. Anyways, see you around. Do you like American football ? come to bobby123's thread in tv Guide section if you'd like. Cheers....
or caribe ....I think you are spanish ...say Ole !:respect-055:

caribe
07-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes hozcanhan, I like both college football and the NFL. I'll visit bobby123's thread. The season is starting to get interesting now.