PDA

View Full Version : second sat tuner support on way!!

irishchris
29-10-2009, 09:30 PM
:congratulations-008
seems dual tuner dvbs will finally be working soon - definitely in 2009. i posted an appeal on their official forum and they replied

" And we already inform that very soon ( in 2009 ) will be all cleared releated with second tuner. "

hopefully not a dead promise but i believe as i am forever the optimist!

goran
29-10-2009, 11:11 PM
No, not "dead" but by the past conduct :smash: - early 2011 at the earlies... :rolleyes: :D

irishchris
30-10-2009, 01:10 AM
lol hope not but you may be right!

tx0
30-10-2009, 02:06 AM
whats the purpose of using second tuner anyway? I'm having too much headache with the first one :o11:

paul01609
30-10-2009, 02:13 AM
not even bothering now with this box

happyhammer
30-10-2009, 10:01 AM
not even bothering now with this box

just bothering to post though.

paul01609
30-10-2009, 11:14 AM
just bothering to post though.

why is that against forum rules?

goran
30-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Nah, just reason... :)

I mean, if you hate it [and I can see you have quite a collection] - sell it to my m8, please. Say Ģ100? ;)

paul01609
30-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Ģ100 lol joking?

zeini
30-10-2009, 01:28 PM
I bid 101.- GBP. :respect-059:

paul01609
30-10-2009, 01:56 PM
come on push them bids up lol

ian51
30-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Ģ110:respect-051:

goran
30-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Why? :rolleyes: You have too many, you don't appreciate it - hell, you don't even wanna bother with it any more... I feel like I'm doing you a favour, taking it off your hands, where it's just gathering dust... and crying itself to sleep, in some dark corner... :D

I'm in the UK in a few days, make yer mind up, m8... :)

sonic1
30-10-2009, 02:01 PM
This is Satpimps not our favourite auction site guys, you all know the rules :cool:

paul01609
30-10-2009, 02:12 PM
you never know one day it might get better and then i can blow the dust of it,when i striped the hard drive out for the 8000 it was coverd in dust its been sat that long

paul01609
30-10-2009, 02:13 PM
at the moment its just sat on top of the microwave lol

ian51
30-10-2009, 02:21 PM
at the moment its just sat on top of the microwave lol
There's your problem then. :smilielol5:Microwaves cause terrible havoc with sat boxes:sifone::respect-039::cheers2:

hanswurscht
30-10-2009, 04:54 PM
What you think about second sattuner?
Without Twinfunktion its useless and as we know this will not work without an addtional Hardware.
So again my Quest, what do you think about second Sattuner, for what?

happyhammer
30-10-2009, 05:47 PM
What you think about second sattuner?
Without Twinfunktion its useless and as we know this will not work without an addtional Hardware.
So again my Quest, what do you think about second Sattuner, for what?

i agree.

If the present chipset cannot handle two streams simultaneously then its only ever going to be a combo box such i use it, dvb-s/dvb-t.
There would be no logic for dvb-s/dvb-s if its only a combo unit.

netgic
30-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Secound tuner comes with new revision.
Mark my words... new Mainboard...in dezember!

goran
30-10-2009, 08:59 PM
:eek: :117: :banghead:

May you bite your tongue off... :rolleyes: :D :D :D

:svengo:

MrKappa
30-10-2009, 09:27 PM

It means that if I want that AZbox manage two tuners in the same time I need to replace the MB?
Then Im expecting this should be done in warranty!

eme
30-10-2009, 10:07 PM
if they cannot make things work as sold and speced, then they will have some big bills for new main boards:o11:, that is for sure.

MrKappa
30-10-2009, 10:15 PM
The spec say that AZbox is a PVR COMBO receiver: where can I find the definition of combo on internet?

Carp95
30-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Back-up this message

Boxes where sold as twin so OpenSAT will go broke on replacing mb on warranty.

@MrKappa:

This is from .com:

AzBox HD Premium
AzBox Premium HD is equipped with two tuner sockets. This allow you to use it with all desired combination between one or two, DVB-T, DVB-C, DVB-S2, ATSC and ISDB-T (Brazilian format) tuners.
Premium model is also equipped with a WI-FI wireless internet PCI module, and also have socket for internal S-ATA HDD up to 1000GB

Modular tuner sockets
One of our top hardware features is that the tuners can be easily switched so you can easy transfer you DVB-S2 receiver at one combo receiver. You have all freedom to pick u any desired combination that more adjusts to your needs (Available tuners: DVB-T, DVB-C, DVB-S2, ATSC and ISDB-T (Brazilian format)).

irishchris
30-10-2009, 10:41 PM
found this on official azbox website posted - dont know how much truth in it. is it just me or are opensat really slow to make any comment on this or anything related to twin tuner support!!

"the Sigma chipset support 2 streams that is right.
but the chip has only one DVB Input to handle the signals.
this means that another dvb signal first convert into a stream
the distributor in Germany say it comes a new revision with new Mainboard to make Twin possible."

eme
30-10-2009, 10:46 PM
thats nice, new mainboard i will have then.:respect-059: unless they get this working

paul01609
30-10-2009, 10:51 PM
could be waiting along time for this fix lol

eme
30-10-2009, 11:29 PM
have to say i would be pleased if they get the box to record and play back recordings at same time as the dm700 i have.

irishchris
30-10-2009, 11:47 PM
i thought they had since this firmware?

irishchris
30-10-2009, 11:48 PM
ya checked they have recorded sky 2 on multicas and watched the misus's corrie recorded at smae time - no probs

MrKappa
31-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Back-up this message

Boxes where sold as twin so OpenSAT will go broke on replacing mb on warranty.

@MrKappa:

This is from .com:

Thanks. So I should be right if I expect this job in warranty because NOT matching the specifications.
In any case I'm disappointed....

happyhammer
31-10-2009, 09:40 AM
found this on official azbox website posted - dont know how much truth in it. is it just me or are opensat really slow to make any comment on this or anything related to twin tuner support!!

"the Sigma chipset support 2 streams that is right.
but the chip has only one DVB Input to handle the signals.
this means that another dvb signal first convert into a stream
the distributor in Germany say it comes a new revision with new Mainboard to make Twin possible."

that was posted by netgic, i'm afraid that the silence from Opensat on clarifying whether twin tuner support needs new hardware is an answer in itself. If indeed they do need new hardware, this must be supplied free of charge to existing users.

eme
31-10-2009, 09:57 AM
thats good news about recording. will try it. thanks for letting me know.:respect-069:

xln747
31-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Has anybody confirmed this, or is it just another unquoted maybe on the development road

netgic
31-10-2009, 01:27 PM
From Opensat

Twin tuner is not directly ar other hands and we try to find the BEST SOLUTION FOR USERS

http://www.azbox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1881#p1881

btw.
Next week will be a press release which explains how twin will be made possible.
Please wait until then.
It also explains how and what twin tuner and exchange will it cost.

MrKappa
31-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Let's wait the announcement then.
I consider that existing users should have it FOC OR they should have the rights to give back the receiver and get back their money.

irishchris
31-10-2009, 01:51 PM
And netgic where did you read that there is a press release next week - idid not read that any where on opensats website? Or is this just a guess?

netgic
31-10-2009, 02:18 PM
And netgic where did you read that there is a press release next week - idid not read that any where on opensats website? Or is this just a guess?

I am the admin of myazbox.de an i get my infos from opensat or the distributor for germany.
wait for the announcement that clear the situation.
a firmware cant make twin possible.
its a hardware problem.

Nothing is free ... not even the dead

MrKappa
31-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Yes, nothing is free. But my AZbox was not free! I bought knowing the characteristics as dual tuner receiver.
We are not talking of an added feature or option but a BASIC feature of any combo receiver. If not they should write in the box that is only a media center capable to work with single tuner....
Anyway let's wait the announcement.

pipino
31-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Nothing is free ... not even the dead

please look here------>_http://azbox.com/HDElite.php

Modular tuner sockets
One of our top hardware features is that the tuners can be easily switched so you can easy transfer your DVB-S2 receiver to one combo receiver. You have all freedom to pick any desired combination that more adjusts and fit into your needs (Available tuners: DVB-T, DVB-C, DVB-S2, ATSC and ISDB-T (Brazilian format)).

and as far as i know AZBOX are selling those boxes and not giving them for free !!!! this misleading crap could cost AZbox (portugal)dearly in european courts

netgic
31-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Combo receiver

I'm not reading anything because of twin.
Combo is the "combination" of tuners.
i can not read that you can user the tuner at the same time

MrKappa
31-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi Netgic,
I have nothing against you as you are not talking as you don't represent OpenSat officially but this means that this box is out of the market.
If they don't provide a solution they will lost the face completely....

digihoe
31-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I thought that new REV this time was a new tuner module, the new one would also feature better (hardware) blindscan, than the software that could be done with this tuner (1 sat = 1 hour or more)... If it also has stream filtering enabling dual DVB-S2 at the same time, then great!

I'm missing streaming full-TS over LAN, though. Hope they can pull this of...

pipino
31-10-2009, 05:14 PM

if you think playing with words will help ,AZbox will get a big hit in the face commercialy ,,and any new product in the future simply would not sell

rtificial
01-11-2009, 12:56 PM

This is still no point for discussion, they clearly describe the premium at http://www.azbox.com/HDPremium.php as:

Personal (Digital) Video Recorder and Time shifting function
You can record one channel and watch another (in case that Your AzBox is equiped with additional tuner), as we earlier mentioned, you can use all desired combination of tuners, as AzBox is equiped with two tuner slot's.

With Time Shift function you can stop channel which is live broadcasted and shift back the time where you wish to watch from the previously broadcasted channel.

They literally write here above that 2 tuners can be and will have to be used at the same time for watching a different channel while recording.

Obviously they well have to take care of their responsibility for existing owners.

xanadu
01-11-2009, 01:36 PM
They literally write here above that 2 tuners can be and will have to be used at the same time for watching a different channel while recording.

Obviously they well have to take care of their responsibility for existing owners.

That's not the way I see it...

We can already record one channel and watch another on same transponder.

It does not say you can use both tuners at the same time.

"Quote:
You can record one channel and watch another (in case that Your AzBox is equiped with additional tuner), as we earlier mentioned, you can use all desired combination of tuners, as AzBox is equiped with two tuner slot's."

eme
01-11-2009, 02:40 PM

it says nothing about recording from one transponder only???. if that is true then they are going to crap on a lott of people that bought this box to do the job it says. anyway mine will be going back if they go back on there word, as i also need the diablo cam upgrade witch is down to az as well.
:cuss::banghead:

rtificial
01-11-2009, 03:04 PM
ehm...

You can record one channel and watch another (in case that Your AzBox is equiped with additional tuner)

True, you can watch and record simultaneously on the same transponder, but this is not the intention of the description I have quoted. I'm quite you interpret this exactly the same way.

That's not the way I see it...

"Quote:
You can record one channel and watch another (in case that Your AzBox is equiped with additional tuner), as we earlier mentioned, you can use all desired combination of tuners, as AzBox is equiped with two tuner slot's."

hanswurscht
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
All the Lies in january... I remember it, as it was yesterday:
yes, Box can handle Twintuner like Dream 7000, all is working,blabla.
Also there was a Video, Fake like all the Things in this Time(they told also from a gbox :) we all know now, Lies and so much Lies only for quick selling there **** )
Same Fakes like the very first Pic from Premium.
So we learned a lot, never buy again anything from this faking opensat

muki 74
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
you mean **** dreambox

hanswurscht
02-11-2009, 01:02 PM
you mean **** dreambox
I think you are posting in wrong Section !

Here is no dreambox talking, and on DMM this things we are talking about all working :)
And DMM has Twintunersupport, so I dont understand your Post

fredda88
02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Looks like Opensat deleted "You can record one channel and watch another (in case that Your AzBox is equiped with additional tuner)" after i posted in the official forum about it. The thread were i posted it is also deleted.

rtificial
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Hmm, I noticed the change in the product description, and created a new thread about this change.

MrKappa
02-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Looks like Opensat deleted "You can record one channel and watch another (in case that Your AzBox is equiped with additional tuner)" after i posted in the official forum about it. The thread were i posted it is also deleted.

This is not a problem. I have printed the page just yesterday!
Also I suppose that we can find many proofs from google cache....

tinos
02-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Amazing... this really looks bad... so many lies and dirty tricks. So no real combo dual tuner like others... just crappy switching after all. Wish they had posted correct specs in March when they knew about all these issues with dual tuner...
Same crap as lies about no Diablo CAM not supported and ended up being a motherboard fix... at least we know they listen to your posts, that is new.

Update: Just did a check with Google Cache and it is true!!!

SD2006
02-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I think now is time for Azbox users to apply a petition to Opensat.
What does everyone think?

fredda88
02-11-2009, 08:53 PM
The new thread at azbox is deleted :)

tinos
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
The new thread at azbox is deleted :)

That is their answer to any petition we made... so don't waste more time with this... they just lie all the time.

tinos
02-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Ok... did some research... I just wanted to make sure I was not dreaming when I was told about Dual Tuner support in firmware. So using memory thanks to satpimps...

19th April 2009 (back then seems Dual Tuner is what we were expecting it to be... not today?)

Firmware doesn't support yet dual tuner.

The goal of Dual tuner is to be able to watch another program while recording, meaning another program from another TP.

You can already zap to another channel with one tuner in the Azbox while recording but you need to stay on the same TP.

21st April 2009 (Wait... June release is going to include Dual Tuner support!!! WOW again)

When you record a program you normally don't watch it so your TV screen is free to watch the other channel.

If you watch what you record... then you won't watch another program otherwhise you are a kind of Superman able to watch two program at the same times, then you will need 2 TV and two STB and not a Dual tuner one. :-)

Yes, Tinos, we know that TODAY the firmware is not able to manage both tuner but for the official release end june it will.

24th April 2009 (Seems 4 channel recording using dual tuner? WOW)

@Yoda

Yes this is typically what a dual Tuner is for, you understand properly my explanation.

@Goran

Recording a full stream is not a problem, the problem is decoding since each channel in a stream has its own decrypt key. So recording 16 FTA channels is not a problem but what is the interest to record 16 encrypted channels? Since at the next keys change in your subscription card you won't be able to clear the encrypted program.

So you will need to record all the 16 channels encrypted and then playing back each indivually to clear the channel and record it into a clear channel to be able to watch later on your program. Recording encrypted is useless from my point of view.

And recording the 16 channels decoded can be a problem both for your crypto card and for the receiver because he will need to handle many information at the same time.

I think that the Azbox will be able to handle 4 simultaneous channels decoding (for the dual tuner stuff).

8th May 2009 (Seems back in May we had same feature as today... but good firmware was going to be released?)

Firmware 0.9.1868 is only supporting dual tuner in combo mode, meaning support for 1*DVB-S2 + 1 * DVB-C or 1*DVB-S2 + 1 * DVB-T.

So today 2 * DVB-S2 is not yet supported, you will still need to wait before behing able to test your dual tuner. :-)

So I wait... and wait... and wait...

voki081
03-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Some e-shop sell this box as:

AZbox Premium HD Twin Linux (DVB S2) WLAN ready!

and no one tell me that this scrap cannot support...

You can record one channel and watch another (in case that Your AzBox is equiped with additional tuner), as we earlier mentioned, you can use all desired combination of tuners, as AzBox is equiped with two tuner slot's.

...Twin :banghead::banghead:

rtificial
03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Tja, it's true... My thread has been deleted on the azbox forum somehow yesterday, but I have sent an e-mail asking for some response on the reason for this.

irishchris
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
i don't believe it!! azbox forum banned me again for asking question on twin tuner and backing up someone's argument! and now they are not allowing anyone this morning to register! progressive opensat! you are a sinking ship my friend!

zeini
03-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Here is the statement in offizial forum, writen by User "OPENSAT".

Dear Users,
there is were some big misunderstanding about that:
- Like you can see in your gift boxes the BOXES are Combo, OPENSAT always sells this box like combo, it's very clear, in all tec. specs.
- If you looke were: http://www.sigmadesigns.com/Products/SMP8630/pdf_files/Vantage8634_br.pdf Sigma changes specs to TWO tuners support, we use fully Sigma SKD dev.
- If comes a twin tuner feature in some model it will be a extra feature, we don't take a decision YET about that becuase DEV still in process and we looking for best way.

Opensat will keep support and development on HD and SD line, so take it easy, relax and enjoy your STB and us WORK!

happyhammer
03-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Here is the statement in offizial forum, writen by User "OPENSAT".

and from 28th July statement:

7) About Twin tuner issue, as is public knowledge in the datasheet from Sigma chipset, it's possible, and we follow all chipset manufacturer recommendations, however at the moment Sigma didn't presented us with a working solution, se we are working very hard developing it by ourselves (actually this is the reason of so few updates on last 3 weeks). Soon we will have solution to this problem.

Hermes
03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
"there is were some big misunderstanding..."
for sure. the whole developement of the azbox is obviously a big misunderstanding

voki081
03-11-2009, 03:12 PM
All my posts about dual tuner on azbox forum are deleted!

That is "closedsat" from now in my opinion!

pipino
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
:congratulations-008

hanswurscht
03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Zensur on Closedsat, please, they should close this Board.
They could then post only the **** they like, it is like a little Club of children!

goran
03-11-2009, 10:17 PM
1) A new, improved Sigma driver: it is not as it should be and it is not supported by Sigma people, at the moment! Opensat + Celrun are allegedly "trying to get around" that. How much longer?!?

2) LAN and USB streaming: capped as processor can't take it! Related to Sigma ****e! Will we ever see 1 sorted, so this is a thing of the past?!?

3) API: apparently, if 1 and 2 are sorted, we can then get a better one! But related and hence a no go without the 1 and 2!!!

4) OpenXCAS: unnecessary, in the case of better/new 1 - 3! Will it ever disappear?!?

5) Better and more stable EMUs/CS SW, if 1 - 4 are OK!!!! We know these are possible, since we see it in other boxes!!!

5a) Full Server plus Client EMU/CS SW [to compete with those "other boxes"...]!!!

6) Dual Sat TV [or any combination of] tuners should be possible! Or is it? HW f**k-up? We'll see soon enough, it seems...

7) Faster, more capable and stable browser/RSS, with a new Flash added, a proper functional Firefox is a must in a box like this!!!

8) Support for USB wireless keyboards etc. etc. etc.

Then and only then can we laugh at DMM!!!!!!!!!!

Opensat/Celrun: do you REALLY wanna sell?!?

Well, give us a reason to prop you up!!!

Otherwise...:smash::smash::smash:

voki081
03-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Goran,

I totally agree with your previous post, especially with points 6. and 7.

It will be great to see Firefox on this box:respect-069:

dveras
03-11-2009, 11:15 PM
There's nothing more to talk. OPENSAT not going to refund our money, and they will not take care of the cost of changing motherboards for anyone complain. They aren't a truth company. :ack2:

netgic
03-11-2009, 11:43 PM
It will be great to see Firefox on this box:respect-069:

i think the box does not have enough ram so that a Firefox would run on it.
i have 3,4mb of free ram :banghead:

voki081
03-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Maybe some portable version of Firefox ....:respect-064:

paul01609
04-11-2009, 12:03 AM
i think gold wafers and other should put sales on hold until things are sorted out

d-dan
04-11-2009, 07:42 AM
i think gold wafers and other should put sales on hold until things are sorted out

Absolutely!

Look, before you all start asking for Flash, Firefox, etc... Just remember that the Sigma chip was never designed to run such programs. You probably have more raw computing power in your latest & greatest phone.

I've owned a PCH-A100 since they were released (think of it as an AZBOX HD without the tuners) and that took a long time to mature to its current guise.

Am I happy with the situation of no simultaneous stream processing from both tuners? No, I'm really ****ed actually. If I would have known that, I'd have bought the Eurovox 7000HD and stuck with the PCH for HD MKV playback as I'm only really interested in DVB-C

Opensat now need to push the multimedia capabilities of this machine, namely 1080p playback of x264 (which is woeful right now across a CIFS/Samba network stream, THE STANDARD!) uPnP frontend and/or MythTV/XMBC backend/frontend.

This is not a full blown PC in a STB, don't expect it to ever be. Linux users will appreciate what is being achieved on a multimedia chip. Hats off to Sigma, and my finger to Opensat for misleading their customers.

Hermes
04-11-2009, 10:34 AM
and here the next "big misunderstanding"
advertisement is from the magazine infosat 11/2009

twintuner? or combo?? hm.......

http://s12.directupload.net/images/091104/temp/l5tdixtb.jpg (http://s12.directupload.net/file/d/1968/l5tdixtb_jpg.htm)

tinos
04-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Another lie... 2x DVB-S2 doesn't work... and if it is for switching it doesn't make any sense...

goran
04-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Indeed, it doesn't!

It's a shambolic situation, on this particular front! Totally unjustifiable not to upgrade/modify the boxes free of charge, if and when necessary!!!

paul01609
04-11-2009, 12:03 PM
could we go to consumer action group forum and do a post for advice with all details we have, there is some very clever folk on there,would only benifit uk buyers

hfmls
04-11-2009, 12:22 PM
let's wait for the weekend. opensat never said it was not possible. they said it was, and they were trying to figure it out the best solution. they said they would have an announcement to make, plus i think new firmware will be released.

it would be a pain in the arss if it turned out to be hardware limitation. not for me because i don't have intention on use double tuner, but if they announce it, they should deliver! and many users bought it with intention to use double sat tuner.

let's wait. only 3 days to go :)

tinos
04-11-2009, 12:40 PM
What is going to be different in 3 days??? Why can't they post info today? Are they going to develop a fix in three days now... when they couldn't in 8 months work?

Why they are deleting posts on their own forum and changed webpage features???

Hope fix is not be new hardware/model... because I bet you nobody will buy it from them ever again... this is an example of bad support and lies...

hfmls
04-11-2009, 01:25 PM
i don't know either! :S that's what i was told. they will announce something in the weekend. and release new firmware.

don't know anything else.

DJBlu
04-11-2009, 01:42 PM
let's wait for the weekend. opensat never said it was not possible. they said it was, and they were trying to figure it out the best solution. they said they would have an announcement to make, plus i think new firmware will be released.

it would be a pain in the arss if it turned out to be hardware limitation. not for me because i don't have intention on use double tuner, but if they announce it, they should deliver! and many users bought it with intention to use double sat tuner.

let's wait. only 3 days to go :)

I think you should stop making promises to people. Let Opensat make the announcements as rumours like this get peoples hopes up only to be disappointed.

If dual tuners are possible then they will let people know. The chipset can handle 2 video streams but it seems there is a problem getting them to the chipset.

I can see that there is going to be a whole load of new bugs once the second tuner arrives if it arrives.

If I were you hfmls I'd keep myself out of the loop as they will only use you as a scape goat.

i.e. "hmfls wasn't authorised to let people know this ...... phew that gives us (OpenSat) another 2-3 weeks."

Let them make their own beds as they aren't paying you m8.

hanswurscht
04-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Thats the Problem of Closed-error occured, a lot of Guys talking about, releasing Things they dont auth., giving Information out which shouldnt, but also closesat did this by himself.
Why talking about things which arent ready?
Why giving a statement about Twin/combo?

The Hopes and Lies are enough, please dont talk about when- in Future- not 100% ready- comes later and much other!
Talk about when its ready, this is early enough

rtificial
04-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Hmm, there's something to be said for most comments in this topic.

* Yes, the product description on the website has changed. A lot of companies have product descriptions on their website not completely matching the product they sell, also a lot of mistakes can be made there.

* Something which was clearly an intention to develop, might not be so easy afterwards, so people who have been sold the device for that functionality will either have to return their box to the seller, or will have to be patient and see whether they will be able to find a way to realize this

In general, at least for me, the box is pretty much what I think I can expect for the amount of money I payed for it.

It's for me a proper SD/HD Sat receiver, which can do recordings and timeshift. I have no problems at all with this functionality at this moment.

It also adds the possibility for some cardsharing, which is running perfectly fine over Mbox protocol.

Another nice option is the possibility to use it as a mediaplayer. This is obviously not completely as I expected at this moment. I expected some better support of different HD video formats, and was hoping for something more similar to XBMC.
On the other hand, with my XBOX I never played HD content, and the files I can play on my XBOX, will also play fine on my AZBox.

Yes, I know there are bugs to fix and issues to solve. Hey, it's not a perfect world. I don't expect a STB-company to all of a sudden know how to develop multimedia-software like this, on a chipset they have never used before. This all takes time.

Only time will tell what other interesting stuff this box will bring, but for now, there's no use in clinging on single topics such as the dual tuner support.

If you no longer want to wait, and if you have been sold a dual tuner / twin tuner receiver by your seller, please ask him for a refund.

Oh, and :

@ hfmls: I agree with Hans, it might be better not to trigger people with this kind of information. This pretty much creates disappointment...
Please leave it to OpenSat themselves to disappoint people when needed ;)

hfmls
04-11-2009, 06:24 PM
ok, i won't.

digihoe
04-11-2009, 06:47 PM
I think one way to get twin tuner functioning would be to go via a CI-CAM, these will indeed filter the stream... Only problem is I only think it will work with crypted channels that a card decrypts or special CAM's like diabolo.

This way we can get hardware filtering of two streams at the same time and can feed them to the video decoder...

Other way would be (for recording and watching at the same time) would be like other boxes do it, recording the full TS of the recording for later decryption on the box (when played back)...

Just my two thoughts...

sattommy
04-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I think one way to get twin tuner functioning would be to go via a CI-CAM, these will indeed filter the stream... Only problem is I only think it will work with crypted channels that a card decrypts or special CAM's like diabolo.

This way we can get hardware filtering of two streams at the same time and can feed them to the video decoder...

Other way would be (for recording and watching at the same time) would be like other boxes do it, recording the full TS of the recording for later decryption on the box (when played back)...

Just my two thoughts...

Maybe they could make it record full ts like you suggested, and decode when the box in on standby :), so you still have decoded recordings at the end of the day

hanswurscht
04-11-2009, 07:06 PM
For me Twin is a nice to have, but a must have is basic Functions up to 100% working, without Problem occured!
I hate this Error so much, this Day again two times---rebooting

rtificial
04-11-2009, 07:52 PM
When is it rebooting Hans?

I don't recognize this behavior from my box...

hfmls
04-11-2009, 07:55 PM
mine doesn't reboot either. :S did u flash ok with latest firmware?
format application etc?

mushroom
04-11-2009, 08:15 PM
dont have this problem also hans

enrico001u
04-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Firmware is really really stable at the moment Iv not had 1 lock up or crash.
just you hans!
maybe you tamper with box too much?

muki 74
04-11-2009, 08:44 PM
i think he dont have box!

britzolas
04-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Firmware is really really stable at the moment Iv not had 1 lock up or crash.
just you hans!
maybe you tamper with box too much?

+1
By the way hfmls clearly said that opensat will make an announcement this weekend about the twin-tuner issue + a new firmware. He has his sources and he is kind enough to share his information with us.
He never said that the specific problem is going to get solved this weekend. I don't detect any high or low promises at these words and i believe that anyone with an IQ slightly higher than a vegetable will not be triggered by his writings. But then again...
Many thanks mate and keep the feeds flowing because opensat can't...

Hermes
09-11-2009, 07:49 AM
i don't know either! :S that's what i was told. they will announce something in the weekend. and release new firmware.

don't know anything else.

so where ist the announcement and where is the new firm?!?!

dutchmatrix
09-11-2009, 09:05 AM
so where ist the announcement and where is the new firm?!?!

Take it easy in 5 days its weekend again.
HFMLS didn't said this weekend..;-)

rtificial
09-11-2009, 11:04 AM
*grin*

Hermes
09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Take it easy in 5 days its weekend again.
HFMLS didn't said this weekend..;-)

yeah..... and probably itīs a misunderstanding.....a BIG misunderstanding....

goran
09-11-2009, 01:14 PM
It's good to see there's enthusia*** in him, guys! ;)

Too many cynics about, you see... [like me... :D]

Seriously, things will improve...

But fast enough?

Another story...

rtificial
09-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Glad to see you're still optimistic Goran ;)

dveras
09-11-2009, 02:30 PM
yeah..... and probably itīs a misunderstanding.....a BIG misunderstanding....

:banghead: Misunderstanding? Like ever...:smilielol5: