PDA

View Full Version : Acess to the recorded files on azbox

granger33
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi,

I have an azbox hd premium since last friday, very good receiver. I had before a dreambox, but in questions of tuner and overheat is better the azbox.

I have only one question: I installed an internal hdd, and how to have access to the recorded files on other pc or nmt (popcorn)?

Also, how can i have access to the files that are on the popcorn?

Thanks

Aragos
02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I would also like to know if it's possible to map the Azbox HDD in Windows as a network drive? :applause-003:

slacker17
02-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Not sure if I needed to change a setting on the box but in XP goto My Computer>Tools>Map Network Drive>Choose letter for Drive>Click Browse>Then I get a number of folders listed *** on MMP. Choose one of those like recordfile. Job done. You can also rename the drive to something more recognisable.

Aragos
03-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Not sure if I needed to change a setting on the box but in XP goto My Computer>Tools>Map Network Drive>Choose letter for Drive>Click Browse>Then I get a number of folders listed *** on MMP. Choose one of those like recordfile. Job done. You can also rename the drive to something more recognisable.

It doesn't work for me that way. I started File Server on the Azbox and configured the same Workgroup as on my PC.
But on XP I can't find a computer named "MMP" or anything else.
Do I need to configure smb.conf on the Azbox HD first?

Burnham
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
This is what works for me in XP Pro.

- Open explorer (in \Windows folder if you don't already have a shortcut)
- Open My Network Places
- Open Entire Network
- Open Microsoft Windows Network
- Open Mshome (or whatever you local network is called)

And you should see your azbox.

If that does not work I would be interested to know what you can see.

Aragos
03-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Of course, it doesn't work that way. In my workgroup I just can see my computer only.

I'm sure you need to configure config files for samba first.
But how to do it?

Burnham
04-11-2009, 01:29 AM
I have done nothing special, just enabled all the options (except Dynamic DNS) in Network Service.

In File Server > Setting I have
..Workgroup: Mshome
..Server: azbox
..Account: root
..Password: 9999

Then I see Azbox in Mshome on the PC. Sorry I can't help further.

Aragos
08-11-2009, 01:26 AM
It works! I just had to put my Azbox in standby mode! lol

Why is that? :confused:

Burnham
08-11-2009, 03:51 PM
You are correct - that did not not occur to me before.

I only ever tried to connect from my PC when the AZbox was turned off. But, like you, when I turn on the AZBox, I get no connection.

Aragos
08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Hmm, seems like a bug to me.
It should work all the time. Another point to the list.

Tarzan
10-11-2009, 10:48 AM
I can access AzBox over the network including all the folders except the "recordfile" folder...

It's say path not found...

Tarzan
10-11-2009, 11:52 PM
anybody?

Aragos
11-11-2009, 07:32 PM
When Azobx HD is in standby mode I have no problems to access my recordings on HDD. :)

Tarzan
12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
I am reformatting my hdd and am going to try it again...

Strange that I can sftp to my recordings but cannot view them via windows share...