PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to DB

pedigree
03-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi All,
I have a problem connecting to my DM800 this evening. when I type in the dream box ip in the web interface it is not connecting. When I start DCC I am getting the following message.
"Error 10057 in function send socket is not connected"
I have restarted the dreambox a few times and I have also rebooted from a different image but it does not seem to make any difference.
The internet connection from the DB seems to be working as i have downloaded some updates.
Laptop and PC are also connecting through the router to the net.
I cannot figure it out.
All help appreciated,
Pedigree

oldfart
04-11-2009, 12:10 AM
can u telnet into the box?

paul01609
04-11-2009, 12:12 AM
has the box ip changed at all?

Barney
04-11-2009, 12:41 AM
On your dm800 remote press Menu>setup>Network>adapter setting>check ip it must have changed mine does quite often after a resart .
hope this helps ,
-----------
Barneycarlton

paul01609
04-11-2009, 12:50 AM
i have set mine to a static ip

Stev0
04-11-2009, 01:29 AM
ip conflict? with a pc which isnt static??

spider
04-11-2009, 08:16 AM
check in router what ip has been assigned for the dreambox, [is it static ????]

as barneycarlton has said, goto Menu>setup>Network>adapter setting>check ip
check ip is the same, if not change and turn off hdcp.
then click network test - to get green confirm ticks [you may need to restart box for changes to take place]

the default ip in DCC is 192.168.1.10 [at least for me]
i need to change this everytime i use DCC
you could also click the search button below Dreambox [in dcc]
new box will open, then click search again ;)

pedigree
04-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks to all, you were all on the correct line of thought. The ip's seemed to have shuffled for some reason and it ended up with the dream box ip was the routers ip etc.
I am not sure how I got them back to their origional settings but I did, turning on/off everything for hours.
I note from the replys that I would be better if I had a static ip address for the dream box. To do this I have turned off the dhcp in the dreambox, do I need to make any changes to the router settings.

Thanks again
Pedigree

pedigree
04-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Spider

((the default ip in DCC is 192.168.1.10 [at least for me]
i need to change this everytime i use DCC
you could also click the search button below Dreambox [in dcc]
new box will open, then click search again ))

I changed to DCC_E2 a few months ago and there is no need to enter the ip address every time.
Pedigree

mp
04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks to all, you were all on the correct line of thought. The ip's seemed to have shuffled for some reason and it ended up with the dream box ip was the routers ip etc.
I am not sure how I got them back to their origional settings but I did, turning on/off everything for hours.
I note from the replys that I would be better if I had a static ip address for the dream box. To do this I have turned off the dhcp in the dreambox, do I need to make any changes to the router settings.

Thanks again
Pedigree

No but you just cant pick any ip address you have to pick one thats not used by your router

Do This.....

Run a command prompt from your computer (DOS SCREEN)

type in the following command

ipconfig

Look for the default gateway that willn be your routers ip address now its in four octets eg xxx.xxx.x.x the first three will always be the same on your router and every other box

so 192.168.0.1 as your default gateway use any ip as long as its different to this for example to be on the safe side use 192.168.0.100

Obviously if your routers was 192.168.1.1 you would use 192.168.1.100

you get the drift

So in other words NO you dont have to configre your routers as long as your boxes and the router's 4 octet is a different digit

pedigree
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks mp,
Everything is working good now, with all of the devices attached to the router on different octet.
I note in the router settings under advanced dhcp there seems to be the option to assign an ip address to a mac address and a device. I am wondering if this may be worthwhile.
Pedigree