PDA

View Full Version : AZBOX as NMT Ellite or Premium

ukpaisley
04-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Just a question, I have an Eliite and got is as budget was a little tight and pref to have external disks. Now we are some way down the line and I cant use my AZBOX as a NMT, is the Premium in the same position, or is the SATA internal drive capable of HD playback, assuming you have transfered the HD , even if it takes some time to transfer, can you play media ok ?

hfmls
04-11-2009, 10:48 PM
yes you can. but 1080p mkv with DTS doesn't work really well.
what i do now is convert DTS to AC3 full quality.

and it plays really well using USB HDD a 1080p mkv movie.
but with ac3 instead of DTS.

watched like 4 movies, all good :) all 1080p

azbox hd elite

ukpaisley
04-11-2009, 11:08 PM
ok, will format another drive and use external and give it a go. Any pref on the format of the drive to help playback ?

hfmls
04-11-2009, 11:14 PM
well i use ext3 because i use linux almost all the time.
but u can put in NTFS but azbox hd won't be able to write to partition, only read.
so when u want to copy files to the HDD u have to plug it off and turn in PC, copy files and then turn it on again in azbox hd. ;)

to convert DTS to AC3
tutorial and software!

just 2 clicks :)
http://audioconverter.heartware.dk/Tutorial/

d-dan
04-11-2009, 11:44 PM
well i use ext3 because i use linux almost all the time.
but u can put in NTFS but azbox hd won't be able to write to partition, only read.
so when u want to copy files to the HDD u have to plug it off and turn in PC, copy files and then turn it on again in azbox hd. ;)

to convert DTS to AC3
tutorial and software!

just 2 clicks :)
http://audioconverter.heartware.dk/Tutorial/

60% of my 1080p media has DTS only, Closedsat pay for the Dolby licence and then cock it up at the end. I bought a DTS amp because my 'old' PCH A-100 cannot decode DTS.

After 3 WMV-HD files not playing (no video) on the AZBOX, the PCH is back online :/

hfmls
04-11-2009, 11:54 PM
convert to AC3. with that software i posted. i can still save your dts file.
so u have
video
dts track
ac3 new track

:)

dts was allways a pain in the ass even in popcorn hour in the beggining.
let's wait for sunny days :)

ukpaisley
04-11-2009, 11:57 PM
I am using my A110, just want 1 box !, just woundered if you were building a sat box u would not put a sata drive interface on it and then strangle it ??
Thinking of selling and going for premium box !