PDA

View Full Version : NEW SLY EPG...who's got it??

gman
07-11-2009, 07:55 PM
well it seems that the amstrads are finally getting it...

however, i haven't!!!! my mate in Bolton got the other day. also my bro and bro in law both got it all on the same day, they live in manchester as i do. but i still havent got it. all of us on amstrads.

should i have received it on the same day or do sly actully send it out to certain boxes rather than regional??? anyone else got it/ not got it in the manchester area on their amstrad?? tried to ring them today, but got bored being on hold for 30mins!!!!

enrico001u
07-11-2009, 08:01 PM
It wont be region by region.
Most likely by box type.

try and force update your box.

pull out power cable hold in select on box and plugin box wait until you see software update screen before letting go of select

xanadu
07-11-2009, 08:12 PM
What's new about it?

Is it worth me dusting the cobwebs off my Amstrad?

suttons
07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
I think its only hd boxes, Ive got a thompson and a samsung and they both have the new epg.

RABBY
08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Had it for a long Time now? Think I was one of the First to get it ?? I Like it :cheers2:

gman
08-11-2009, 03:39 PM
tried the manual update - no joy! guess i'll just have to be patient!!

cheers for your responses...

Dark Cloud
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
My Amstrad hasn't got it yet. Force update doesn't work.
Mr. Sugar last in line.

harryoz
08-11-2009, 07:40 PM
My Amstrad hasn't got it yet. Force update doesn't work.
Mr. Sugar last in line.

my amstrad aint got it either, when I contacted sly they told me it would be January before I get it but did'nt say what year!!!!!!!

TUT
09-11-2009, 12:04 AM
My HD box just got updated few days ago , my box is Samsung.
To be honest i prefer the old EPG , maybe because i got used to it after using it for so many years !!

keith mawer
09-11-2009, 01:31 PM
hi this update business is actually a bit of a farce,,,
i phoned sly last week & asked how long for a sly hd box.. 2-3 weeks they said,,
i found this firm in thompsons directory.. how long i asked same day!!!
yes they fitted it same day AND downloaded the new sly epg,,, the cost same as sly £49 + fit
, ! have to admit the epg is amazing AND TUT,. am amazed you say prefere the old epg. the new epg is nothing short of 1st class. may be you just havnt got the hang of it yet.
so my motto dont get from sly!

propwash
09-11-2009, 10:37 PM
If you have the New EPG you can add ITV-HD

http://www.tellytoad.com/page/itv-hd-on-sky-hd.aspx

gman
06-12-2009, 12:25 PM
finally got it the other day. much better than the old one!

the new software/ epg has also fixed the sound delay i was getting through my home cinema system when using optical and dolby pro! it's all now in sync!!

keith mawer
06-12-2009, 01:12 PM
i got my sly but NOT from sly the guy fitted and the new epg within a few moments. it was there..
very impressed and the hd channels are outstanding ,, be it the dreaded £9.99 pm extra...
it was a pity as i kept getting NO SIGNAL and in the end had to have a new dish/lnb,, now all ok,,,
finally .. my new tellie came with a home cinema and the 5.1 surround sound is truly awesome

grin2
06-12-2009, 02:54 PM
personally think its ****e. only 6 channels per page instead of previously around 20 and no facility to scroll a page at a time up or down. seems to take forever as well. give me back the old software anyday.

simon 2003
06-12-2009, 03:24 PM
personally think its ****e. only 6 channels per page instead of previously around 20 and no facility to scroll a page at a time up or down. seems to take forever as well. give me back the old software anyday.

if you get rid of the picture in picture it looks same as the old epg,also the channel up ,down rocker button scrolls 1 page at a time

services>otions>customize>mini tv mode >off

grin2
28-12-2009, 09:17 PM
just found your reply. will try. cheers simon 2003
couldnt understand why it took me so long. forgot we had been off air for a few days with the attacks. i was checking through my previous posts and found you.

oldjiver
29-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Love my Sly HD box fitted 24/12/09. Only tiny fault I can find is that the HD section does not allowe you to flick down once you are on a channel (i.e the numbers are not consecutive) Consequently if you look at a HD channel you have to go bac to the main menu to get on HD again.
Small but irritating.

keith mawer
29-12-2009, 01:58 PM
hi oldjiver..... well i have a sly hd+ and when i go to the hd channels you can go up and down with the remoate. if one clicks on a channel .. lets say sly sports 1 hd, if you go to back up you return to main hd menu ,, , i cant fault the epg its dam great..

holmroad
29-12-2009, 06:41 PM
hi oldjiver..... well i have a sly hd+ and when i go to the hd channels you can go up and down with the remoate. if one clicks on a channel .. lets say sly sports 1 hd, if you go to back up you return to main hd menu ,, , i cant fault the epg its dam great..

Think you are wrong there Keith,or more likely have misunderstood oldjiver's point?
If you select 'HD' channels on grid, once in it you CANNOT scroll up & down within the 'HD Section' - e.g. if you select BBC HD and then scroll to next channel, then THAT next channel will not be an HD one!
See what I mean mate? You immediately move into the numerically numbered channel list, so most of them are not HD - until you actually reach an HD one!:iagree:

keith mawer
29-12-2009, 11:23 PM
wrong!!!!!!!! i have the latest sly epg,, it says hd channels!!! on menu.... apart from example. sport. adult. etc,,,,tv channels!!!( that shows everything)
ALL the hd channels that sly broadcast are there,,,,,
u sure the persone has the LATEST EPG,, again ALL THE HD CHANNELS ARE UNDER HD,,,,,

simon 2003
30-12-2009, 12:12 AM
you aint getting it keith once you view the hd channel from the epg your back to the normal channel list ,and dont stay within the hd list away from epg,i agree that would be good