PDA

View Full Version : infinty usb card reader

2tone
14-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Have been trying to get a usb card reader to work on my 8000 running gemini dont seem to be getting anywere with it has anyone got a working config for newcs+cccam that is working with a usb phoenix or even the usb unlimited read

crabber
14-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I use a smargo on nabilosat image so I may not be too much help but in my case you have to enable ftdi (or pl2303 for other readers) drivers in the image for a smargo, which makes it work well directly with cccam, I don't think newcs will work with smargo, so it may not with your card reader.
I have used an infinity unlimited reader with newcs successfully on a Kathrein box with e2 but again this doesn't help about your 8000.
Even if your newcs/cccam config is wrong you still may be able to log in on port 8080 to newcs to see if the card is being recognised.

dubious
14-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I doubt whether the infinity-phoenix can be used on the 8k as I don't think debug can be turned off from the serial port.

Don't think anybody has ever been successful with the infinity phoenix either on the 800x.

Your best bet would be an Omnikey 3121 usb reader, they can be obtained last time I bought some for less than a tenner from the auction site and work exceptionally well with NewCS especially with the white card.

Smargo works OK too as a phoenix with NewCS.

2tone
14-11-2009, 08:57 PM
thanks for the help im more than sure one of them can be used as i have seen post were people have had them working but i think i must need a driver or some thing to put it in to phoenix mode if not then ill just have to buy a new programmer

Benge
16-11-2009, 03:37 PM
dubious do you have a working config I could have to get my omnikey running in db 2025 using nabilsat blackhole image?I`ve been trying to get it working for 4 days now with no success.I finally got newcs and cccam to recognise my white card in the internal(bottom) reader.I just can`t get omnikey running.

Thanx.
Benge.

dubious
16-11-2009, 04:04 PM
You need to install the pcsc drivers first m8 to use the Omnikey.

Instructions courtesy of another forum, drivers courtesy of me.

A pack of drivers / dependency files has surfaced to install the Omnikey to a Mipsel Dreambox. If you don't know a Mipsel dreambox is basically the Enigma2 boxes, DM7025, 800 & 8000. This method is not applicable for the older E1 boxes.
Basically the pack consists of 4 *.ipk installer files which will add the required components to the Dreambox to run the Omnikey USB reader.
Your image will most likely have the ability to install these via your manual install option in the addon panel, however to make sure everything is correct I recommend you install via Telnet and follow this guide below.

FTP the 4 IPK files to your /tmp folder on the dreambox. Then start a telnet session.

1. ipkg install /tmp/libusb_0.1.12-r0_mipsel.ipk

Installing libusb (0.1.12-r0) to root...
Configuring libusb

2. ipkg install /tmp/pcsc-lite_1.5.5-r0_mipsel.ipk

Installing pcsc-lite (1.5.5-r0) to root...
Configuring pcsc-lite
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/pcscd ...
/etc/rc2.d/S20pcscd -> ../init.d/pcscd
/etc/rc3.d/S20pcscd -> ../init.d/pcscd
Starting PCSC Daemon: pcscd.
/etc/rc4.d/S20pcscd -> ../init.d/pcscd
/etc/rc5.d/S20pcscd -> ../init.d/pcscd
/etc/rc0.d/K20pcscd -> ../init.d/pcscd
/etc/rc1.d/K20pcscd -> ../init.d/pcscd
/etc/rc6.d/K20pcscd -> ../init.d/pcscd

3. ipkg install /tmp/libpcsclite1_1.5.5-r0_mipsel.ipk

Installing libpcsclite1 (1.5.5-r0) to root...
Configuring libpcsclite1

4. ipkg install /tmp/ccid_1.3.11-r0_mipsel.ipk

Installing ccid (1.3.11-r0) to root...
Configuring ccid

Probably best to do a reboot after installing drivers.

So, once all this is in place, connect the USB reader and set it up in NewCS as normal. The reader type is
<type>pcsc</type>

The node address will be simply
<node>0</node>

If you add a second reader it will be
<node>1</node>.

N.B. It is essential you use the newcs.mips.pcsc binary.

Benge
16-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanx dub,but I`ve been through all that a thousand times,it just doesn`t work for me.

Thanx anyway.

benge.