PDA

View Full Version : Internal HDD broken

massimo1167
15-11-2009, 12:46 PM
After only 2 month, my internal HDD is dead!

A have a segate 1T.
Which kind of internal 1T HDD do you recommend?

alcatel
15-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Are you sure it is dead ?
did you test it inside a pc ?

i had some problem also with my hard drive,i deleted the partition and formatted it back again,did you tried that already ?

if your drive is only 2 months old,you should have warranty.

tinos
15-11-2009, 01:18 PM
You should contact opensat... I have read similar issues on other user and ended up changing HDD with different model and it broke again after some time. Probably PSU issues or something wrong on SATA...

Options for you are only use external USB or request replacement unit under warranty. Most chances are next HDD will also fail...

geezerpl
16-11-2009, 04:17 PM
My Azbox killed 1TB WD Green several months ago. The hdd was totally unrecognizable under Win or Linux (which made the box unable to boot).
Luckily I lost only a couple of XXX movies :) and got a replacement from good WD people.
I'd rather keep it OUTSIDE the hot Azbox on a USB wire...

P.S.
Azbox dealers in Poland would never exchange Azbox on the basis of suspicion that it kills hdd's ! Hard to prove anyway...
They even refuse to exchange boxes due to cardreader/2nd tuner issues (they rather try to fix them)

mixson
17-11-2009, 09:01 AM
I had mine azbox for just a few days and after trying to record on the internal HDD, the box frozed and were not possible to reboot.

When I tried to remove the HDD to make a "clean" flash and boot I couldnīt touch the HDD, it was boiling hot. And it had been in the box mayby 24hrs.

After letting the box cool down it was able to boot again. Not to keen on putting an internal disk back just yet. Is high temp killing the disks and/or are they getting to high voltage or what?