PDA

View Full Version : meo boot help

paul01609
17-11-2009, 08:58 PM
just installed this on my 8000 i have ftp nabilo 12 to the sd card in the correct folder but the image is not showing to be able to installe it must have gone wrong some where if any one can help?

DeepDiver
18-11-2009, 06:30 AM
just installed this on my 8000 i have ftp nabilo 12 to the sd card in the correct folder but the image is not showing to be able to installe it must have gone wrong some where if any one can help?

What image did you install to flash ? Did you install the Pure Flash including the MeoBoot plugin, or did you install another image to flash, and then the single MeoBoot plugin ?

paul01609
18-11-2009, 10:30 AM
hi m8 installed pure flash with meoboot

sonic1
18-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Did you format the sd card during the set up ?

DeepDiver
18-11-2009, 11:02 AM
hi m8 installed pure flash with meoboot

When you launch the plugin for the first time, you will be asked to select the media, and if necessary you format it. It would be best to format it, to make sure it is compatible and mounted.
Then, you will choose to install the plugin to that media. Once installed, via FTP, you copy your image file to /media/yourmediawhateveritis/MbootUpload and then you can install it.

petered123
18-11-2009, 12:03 PM
When you launch the plugin for the first time, you will be asked to select the media, and if necessary you format it. It would be best to format it, to make sure it is compatible and mounted.
Then, you will choose to install the plugin to that media. Once installed, via FTP, you copy your image file to /media/yourmediawhateveritis/MbootUpload and then you can install it. by pressing red button then you will see your nfi image.

paul01609
18-11-2009, 12:07 PM
yep done all that was same,tried with memory stick and sd card,dont think it likes the sd card because it shows no space of the card when i go to neoboot even tho the box sees the card and its mounted,tried usb stich sees the all the space info but stick was to small to install image so then tried the usb stick that came with box and that did the same couldnt see space on usb

city
22-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Thats what happened to me when I used the SD card. I could not see the image file to install it. I thought I had done something wrong but followed the installations instructions twice and got the same result. I think it has something to do with using an SD card?

paul01609
22-11-2009, 11:30 PM
some of the memory sticks was the same showed no info for stick,the one it did see there was not enuff space on it to installl a image so i gave up

DeepDiver
23-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Thats what happened to me when I used the SD card. I could not see the image file to install it. I thought I had done something wrong but followed the installations instructions twice and got the same result. I think it has something to do with using an SD card?

Yes, soon there will be new version correcting SD card installation.
Meantime, on DM8000, it works well on USB and CF.

paul01609
23-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Yes, soon there will be new version correcting SD card installation.
Meantime, on DM8000, it works well on USB and CF.

not on all usb sticks

rick shaw
05-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Nor all compact Flash cards I've found.
Perhaps a driver issue.
Rick