PDA

View Full Version : DM800HD Newbie

stumac
20-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys,
Received my DM800HD box about a week ago, total novice here. Firstly I am struggling to find and keep locked the satellites (have motorised dish). Even if I piggyback off my Topfield 7700 I cannot hold the satellites. I have downloaded the sat locater add-on via the green button but still no joy, any help would be appreciated.
Also, if I manage to lock on to satellites, after reading many topics I am totally lost as to what this box and what I should be doing. I thought I was quite computer literate but this is so confusing.

Thanks in advance guys
:confused:

echelon
20-11-2009, 06:55 PM
if your toppy is controlling the motor then the dm800 isnt , so if you use the toppy to do the positioning then the dm should have no effect

one other newbie tip I can give you is quite simple and should always be adhered to , and is the following:-

name the image you are using in the flash , if using an image on a stick name it too , and name the satellite list you are using ( if any , ie:- cajton like me , or likra etc ) and name any emus and any other relevant details as well

never assume we know what you are talking about as there are so many methods and images for use with this box , so it is not one image for all boxes , its not always just one boot image as a pen drive may be in use with barry allen ( like me ) and its not always the same sat list , not the same versions of cccam , newcs , mgcamd etc either

basically , there are so many variables you wont get detailed help until you name what you are using , you will just get questions back :)

stumac
20-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow thanks echelon,
I have not flashed the box (don't know what to do as yet), it has already got installed Nabilosat HD, Blackhole, enigma 2.
I have tried piggyback off my toppy to get sat positions and lock into DM, but not working. DM alone will not find the sats. No idea about cccam, newcs etc as not got that far. I have come from Toppy 7700 with Diablo cam to this dreambox and that is a very big leap, not sure if I have done the right thing yet or not, as I say any help would be appreciated.

echelon
20-11-2009, 07:53 PM
need to know exactly which image and version number is in the flash ?

and also need to know if you are using any further images on a usb stick via barry allen ? yes/no ( if yes which image ? )

remember ? I said FULL DETAILS are required , not just some vague details as your reply only gave half the required info

if you are piggy backing off the toppy then the dm wont control the motor as the toppy is doing it ( assuming the toppy is on )

stumac
20-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks echelon, I will get image version later, wife has started watching children in need so might be a bit of a wait.
No further images are being used, no barry allen
With regards to the sat position, I have been setting the sats with the toppy then disconecting toppy and connect dish to DM then locking on the correct sat. If i set on 19e then it will pick up 13e, 7e but as soon as i tune to 28e it loses all settings. The DM will also not goto 0 so I cannot reset.

echelon
20-11-2009, 08:21 PM
ok , need to know the exact version of the image in the flash , and as nabilo is up to 12 with some variants as well , and also can have pureflash images in the flash , there are possibly up to 15 variants of the flash version that could be in there

so name and version of flash is important

so nabilo v0.10 , or 011 , or 0.11g2 , or 0.12 etc

now the sat list is required , did you download a premade sat list or not ?

if not , what settings are you using in the menu for the actual sats as various options exist ?

also bear in mind that continual development is going on with these images and fixes are always being made and some fixes are for diseqc motorised problems , never mind other issues

the point here is that there is no one size fits all , each image is different , and within an image different sat lists can be used
( cajton , likra are just a few of many )

I am also wondering why you are not using a pre-made sat list ?
( unless you are , in which case answer the question about which list it is and when it was installed ? )

I appreciate you are new but these basic questions need answering as to say "I dont know" just isnt good enough if you want meaningful answers to your questions

from my experience you should try nabilo 0.11g2 and the cajton sat list

stumac
20-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks echelon for your help here.
I will get flash name and version later
The sat list is one from the internet called EČ DM800-0 HD Sats From 68.5E To 43W Dreambox Settings, installed last sunday, and I have installed Likra E2 settings.
Where do I find the cajton settings? are they in the same place as the Likra?

echelon
20-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks echelon for your help here.
I will get flash name and version later

The sat list is one from the internet called EČ DM800-0 HD Sats From 68.5E To 43W Dreambox Settings,
installed last sunday, and I have installed Likra E2 settings.

Where do I find the cajton settings? are they in the same place as the Likra?

thanks , at least you are now posting some relevant info , but the flash image and version number is now the key info required

I dont think cajton are on the download list on the server

but they are posted on these forums and have been posted by sonic1 for probably over a year or more , not everything is on the servers for download by the dm which is why updates are regularly posted on here

so children in need being on tv wont have stopped you checking out all the files and tools posted on this forum ;)

stumac
20-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Great thanks I will check them out