PDA

View Full Version : Major help please someone!!

forest1
21-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I have a TM9100s and like an idiot i put a SD card in and when i switched the TM off i forgot about the SD card, today i switched it on and it started to boot from the SD card so i quickly stopped it and pulled out the SD card, since doing that i get the message FAILED to BOOT now the TM won;t let do anything not even Factory reset, i'm completely lost on this one can some one please advise please, Thank you Rob

echelon
21-11-2009, 12:37 PM
you got me there as the flash hands over to the sdcard for booting so removing the card should not have affected your flash

on the other hand you should never do what you did with it switched on as you may cause a power surge/flick and damage it

the tm9100 should power up and allow a factory reset using the front buttons as usual , if it doesnt do this then the only other option I can see is to try to jtag it

thats my 10p , for what its worth

forest1
21-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks mate, what i have found out is that i need to do a serial update according to the technican i spoke to at Technomate so it looks like tommorrow i'm off out to buy a serial vga cable with 15pin male to 9pin female that should do the trick, thanks again for your response, Rob:respect-055:

echelon
21-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks mate, what i have found out is that i need to do a serial update according to the technican i spoke to at Technomate so it looks like tommorrow i'm off out to buy a serial vga cable with 15pin male to 9pin female that should do the trick, thanks again for your response, Rob:respect-055:

that wont work

you need a 9 pin female to 9 pin female null modem cable to flash the box , assuming you cannot manage it using a self boot image on an sd card

15 pin vga is a monitor socket only , so I am now seriously wondering if you know what it is you are actually doing here ?

using wrong leads can easily damage your tm , or your lappy or pc tower

paul01609
22-11-2009, 01:06 AM
dont forget make shure your mother board has the serial connection as well

forest1
24-11-2009, 08:55 PM
that wont work

you need a 9 pin female to 9 pin female null modem cable to flash the box , assuming you cannot manage it using a self boot image on an sd card

15 pin vga is a monitor socket only , so I am now seriously wondering if you know what it is you are actually doing here ?

using wrong leads can easily damage your tm , or your lappy or pc tower

Your right i dont know what i'm doing thats why i'm asking,thanks