PDA

View Full Version : How to change font to read EPG of south east asian languages?

s_kates81
22-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Hi guys,
As I live in Thailand, most of the EPGs are in thai lanugage, is there a way I can change the default font of azbox to a font ( such as Tahoma which has built in thai script as well) so that I am able to read epgs in thai. I already copied Tahoma font from pc to azbox but still it's not showing the thai character on epg.

Anybody's got any idea?

nakata
22-11-2009, 10:38 AM
try this page
\
http://xxx.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_Thai.html

s_kates81
22-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks Ta. I tried many thai fonts already, but still thai characters are not showing up in the EPG. I think there must be something also needed to be done. Just changing system font won't do the trick.

Dig Deep
22-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I have this copy (sorry but I canīt remember who posted it first)

Think this is what You have to do.

1. mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /MMP

2. ftp arialbd.ttf to /MMP/hd/System/font

3. "rm Font1.ttf" symlink in /MMP/hd/System/font

4. Create new symlink "ln -s arialbd.ttf Font1.ttf" in /MMP/hd/System/font

5. mount -o remount,ro -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /MMP

6. Reboot
:lurk5:

Havenīt tried it yet but I will as sson as we have a working FW.

s_kates81
23-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi,
I couldn't understand how to do these commands. Are these to be done by putty? or what?

cerci
23-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks Ta. I tried many thai fonts already, but still thai characters are not showing up in the EPG. I think there must be something also needed to be done. Just changing system font won't do the trick.

Just changing system font WILL DO the trick. At least it's worked for me (Turkish Language)

s_kates81
23-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Maybe the european languages will work after changing system font, but it's not doing the trick for south east asian languages such as Thai.

Dig Deep
23-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Use telnet and fta the language file :)

s_kates81
23-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Digdeep, I've transferred many thai true type fonts by ftp and installed. Even though the new font is installed correctly but still it doesn't show the thai language. Will doing by telnet or putty will make any difference?

Dig Deep
23-11-2009, 03:13 PM
No, not really.
Check if You changed mode ?

Could also be that the system font has nothing to do with the rest ?

Opensat should know what to do so let us hope that this is seen by any Opensat close member:respect-055: