PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Smargo Cardreaders in Tower

Chocolate
24-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

What should be the right configuration lines in Newcs.xlm / Cccam.config in order to bring the following to work:

I have ordered a multiple USB Tower to connect 2 Smargo Cardreaders.
(the card readers are already configured as I have tested them in the front USB of the DM8k)

Now I have two cards in the dreambox (upper and lower bay "sci0, sci1"). And would like to connect the 8x USB with two Smargos to an USB at the rear side of the DM8k.

What is the "type" and "slot" or "node" to use in the configuration in order to address the cards correctly?

the additional cards are all Viaccess (500).

Is somebody having a similar set-up?

Thanks and regards

crabber
24-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Hello M8, I only have one smargo connected to my box but from memory all I did was to unhash this line in Cccam.cfg:
SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/0 smartreader+
This is for an NDS card, I think the later versions of Cccam needed the card reader speed to be changed to read a viaccess card. This is what I use for a viaccess card in slot 1:
SMARTCARD WRITE DELAY: /dev/sci1 100
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci1 6000000

Dean sat
24-11-2009, 05:22 PM
SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/0 smartreader+
SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/1 smartreader+
SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/2 smartreader+
SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/3 smartreader+
SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/4 smartreader+
SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/5 smartreader+
SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/6 smartreader+
All the best Dean.

Chocolate
24-11-2009, 05:32 PM
will check and let you know.

Thank You very much...

Quailman
24-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Sorry to ****** the thread but maybe one of you can help.

I'm thinking of getting a smargo :

Can it be used on a pc using cccam or the equivalent so my two dm's can connect.

Thanks

jimrare
27-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry to ****** the thread but maybe one of you can help.

I'm thinking of getting a smargo :

Can it be used on a pc using cccam or the equivalent so my two dm's can connect.

ThanksYes you can use a pc, but even easier you can avoid the pc as long as one of your two dreamboxes has a usb port.
Configure the one with the smargo as a server and configure the second one as a client that connects to the server.

Quailman
27-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks mate, I already have card sharing setup in the boxes.
I want to run the smargo on my server (pc) as its always on and so i can turn a box off and not have to keep swaping the cards about. Save electricity and all that. :respect-055:

pedigree
27-11-2009, 09:59 PM
]Quote

Configure the one with the smargo as a server and configure the second one as a client that connects to the server

Hi
Is there a tutorial on configuring a dm800 as a server?

Thanks
Pedigree

froggie
28-11-2009, 10:00 AM
hi guys
i have a 8000 box do i need drivers to run the smartgo readers in the usb slots
cheers dave

Chocolate
28-11-2009, 01:00 PM
no mate,

you only need to swith on the smargo in the blue panel kernelsettings.
But remember that the smargo itself has to be configured for dreambox, there is a tiny uility in the smargo page. This configuration can be done on a desktop pc or laptop.