PDA

View Full Version : Playing Large Files

Dr.Mark
24-11-2009, 11:26 PM
i'm using a FAT32 HDD to move files betwen PC and AZbox.
The file size limit is a problem for large mkv files.
If I split them, will they play seamlessly?
I've run a quick test: first part plays OK but when I try to run the second part, I get AV problems. Will this be ok if I let it play start to finish?

If I rip a BD disk, it doesn't seem to play the m2ts file at all (no audio) from my FAT32 drive. Any ideas?

TIA

xanadu
24-11-2009, 11:45 PM
M2ts converted from BDMV stream using TSMuxer works fine on AZ Premium Internal HDD and DTS sound was perfect via my HK AV amp.

Dr.Mark
24-11-2009, 11:49 PM
M2ts converted from BDMV stream using TSMuxer works fine on AZ Premium Internal HDD and DTS sound was perfect via my HK AV amp.
OK, I'll give that a try. What is the output file format? .ts? .mkv?

Dr.Mark
24-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Found a solution to my mkv splitting problem.
Appears I can play as separates or all as one :hurray:

http://www.logichaos.com/joomla/guides/35-text-guides/60-how-to-split-mkv-to-multiple-mkv-files.html

xanadu
25-11-2009, 12:14 AM
OK, I'll give that a try. What is the output file format? .ts? .mkv?

.m2ts

Profile 4.1 or lower.(tick box to convert if needed)

FME_fta
25-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Azbox can read NTFS (or could :D ), why not use NTFS?
If you want to record, then you can create 2 partitions in the HDD one in FAT32, the other in NTFS.

Regards!

Dr.Mark
25-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Azbox can read NTFS (or could :D ), why not use NTFS?
If you want to record, then you can create 2 partitions in the HDD one in FAT32, the other in NTFS.

Huh? I thought AZbox needed FAT or ext2/3 ? Not NTFS?

FME_fta
25-11-2009, 02:05 PM
As I said, Azbox can read NTFS (there was a fw that it have problem reading NTFS).
But it can only write in ext2/ext3 (linux) or in FAT/FAT32.

So if you have 2 partitions in your HDD you can have the best of both file formats with the azbox.

Dr.Mark
25-11-2009, 02:17 PM
As I said, Azbox can read NTFS (there was a fw that it have problem reading NTFS).
But it can only write in ext2/ext3 (linux) or in FAT/FAT32.

This is very interesting and suits me perfectly. I have an internal HDD (ext3) that is used for writing.
I want to use an external HDD for reading (playing HD files) only.
Now I discover that it is not necessary to split files because I can use NTFS format :hurray:
Great!

FME_fta
25-11-2009, 03:20 PM
AFAIK was fw 3877, or maybe 3725 that had problems with NTFS partitions.
I don't know if any newer fw still have this problem or if it was fixed.

Regards!

adrray1974
25-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Just a note on this, i have a 1TB WD hard drive attached to the azbox via usb. Formatted with the AZBox, so ext3, i store all my blue ray on their (.mkv) and yes they are NOT split. Plays fine, have no problems with it

Adi

Dr.Mark
26-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Tested it last night and everything works fine in read-mode from NTFS disk.

However, when I copied a recorded program from internal SATA drive to my ext3 USB, it copied fine. But, when I tried to copy it to WinXP using Ext2IFS, it would not read the file :07:

FME_fta
26-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Tested it last night and everything works fine in read-mode from NTFS disk.

However, when I copied a recorded program from internal SATA drive to my ext3 USB, it copied fine. But, when I tried to copy it to WinXP using Ext2IFS, it would not read the file :07:

You can use FTP to transfer files from azbox <--> PC.

For example to copy a recording from azbox internal HDD to a PC, or to copy a large mkv from a PC to azbox internal HDD.

kebien
26-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Is the new firmware reading NTFS usb drives ok?
I have seen some comment about not being able to,can any of you check and report back?