PDA

View Full Version : Go 300 advice needed

dog-man
28-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I want to install the latest Western Europe map for my device.

I believe it is v840.2561. 1GB file.

Can someone advise on what navcore I would need?

Can my device handle ALG? I suspect no as the Go 300 is quite old, but is still a very useful tool.

Armed with this info, I shall endevour to read the guides and upgrade my Go 300. :D

dog-man

Russell1
28-11-2009, 10:12 PM
To use the map version mentioned you can use the latest official navcore - use Tomtom Home to update it. It will then need patching & then the map will need activating. All you need is posted on the forum for this.
If you want to try to use the maps with ALG 7 IQ Routes etc. you need at least Navcore v8.204 - also posted on the forum. It works ok for some users, but a few have problems as it is really for the later Tomtom units. Make a full back up copy before you try anything.

dog-man
03-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I seem to have succeeded in putting the latest western europe maps and new navcore etc on my old TT Go 300. I don't see the point in replacing it with a newer device whilst it still works.

I have yet to try it on a journey but it seems ok.

I tried to register on the Laradiobbs but the links are corrupt and it is impossible to register.

@Russell1

Are you a member? If so, can you alert them to this problem?

dog-man

Russell1
03-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Not heard of them sorry dog-man.

dog-man
03-12-2009, 10:11 PM
It's where the BBS tools suite 1.0.21 originates from and directs you to for some functions.

dog-man

pheonix
03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
if you have any problems with the suite let me know and i'll pass them to the author on another forum he's on

dog-man
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
The suite is fine, but it does direct you to the LaradioBBS board to obtain certain features but you have to be a member.

The registration process links are corrupt so you cannot register.

I have managed to get my TT working without accessing the board, but it would be handy for future updates.

dog-man

pheonix
03-12-2009, 11:17 PM
i would not bother with those links i'll pm you a forum where you can get every thing you ever need for tomtom's