PDA

View Full Version : Dish Pointing In Wrong Direction

joany
29-11-2009, 10:37 AM
This morning I tried flicking through channels and every satellite had low or bad signal.
At first I wondered if it was due to the heavy rain but when I looked out of the window I could see the dish was pointing in completely the wrong direction.

I have attached some photos.

I can see that the motor body itself is still pointing south but the dish itself seems to be pointing as far east as it will go. I have manually tried moving the dish west (using the blue button and left/right arrows) and it does move west but then moves back again.

does anybody have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Left picture is taken from south looking north. You can see that the motor itself is still lined up facing south.

the picture on the right is taken from a NNE sort of angle. Again you you can see the motor is facing 12 oclock but the dish is pointing at 9 oclock.

mister-t
29-11-2009, 11:01 AM
if motor is still pointing in the right direction,then its the brackets holding the dish to the motor that have worked lose,if you can reach the dish just go and check if dish has moved,realign and tighten bolts and all should be well,or the worst case scenario could be where the dish attatches to the motor the little stubby pole thing that moves the dish has worn

Giga
29-11-2009, 11:02 AM
don't have any experience on motorized dishes. If I look at the pictures? The Dish alignment looks not right? LNB arm should that not be at its lowest point of the dish? Looking at the rivets in the dish the arm is not perpendicular to the ground. Is there easy access to the dish? Some prankster moved the assembly?

joany
29-11-2009, 11:52 AM
The dish is not loose and when I select 30w the motor moves in the correct direction but it ends up at about 1w.

I think the setup has 'unlearnt' where 1W is.
Also after the stb fails to find the sat the dish/motor always goes to as far east as it will go.

Maybe i should reset the start position (1W)??

God i hope the sw for diablo2 doesn't come out today (lol)

HELP PLEASE ALL YOU TECHIES.

EXTRAFACTO
29-11-2009, 12:04 PM
i had simular problem few months ago,was told to reset motor,hold both buttons on motor for 5 seconds till they flash orange,then send dish to true south manually,store that position,then send it by remote to any sat,hope this works for you,did for me.:respect-014:

joany
29-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Might water ingress cause some sort of short circuit because the motor seems to be going in the right direction then suddenly changes direction and goes as far east as it will go.
Hope it doesnt burn the motor out.

EXTRAFACTO
29-11-2009, 12:25 PM
mine acted like it could not remember where to go,like yours kept going to certain place 28.2e in my case,then auto went off on travels,ended up mostly at 1w...and while it was doing this was showing no signal from any sat it supposed to be at,i did what guy told me do,ie reset motor software by holding buttons,been fine(touch wood)ever since.:respect-048:

mister-t
29-11-2009, 12:27 PM
ok try this,move dish to 1w,try to store that position,use remote to move dish,if dont work have you tried resetting dish limits east and west
or reload your sat channels list could of got corrupted,if i put new software on my tm6800hd dish always moves east untill i put my channel list back on and move dish to 1w store it then everything is fine

dxman
29-11-2009, 01:18 PM
maybe you think it is 1 west where it stop ,it could very well be a different position ,i could be wrong.
in this case I would reset the East/west limit and than manual move the dish to see whats happen

I hope this will help you good luck

regards dxman

xanadu
29-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Reset the East limit to zero should fix it.

I had same problem with my dish.

joany
29-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I reset the 2 buttons on the (darkman) motor with the coax disconnected. Then when I reconnected I was able to select satellites. However a couple of times since the reset the dish goes all the way east again.

I also sprayed all the connections with wd40.

Hopefully its damp thats causing it and it will clear itself up.
Another recent change has been uploading the new 702p firmware.

will report on the progress.

joany
29-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately the satellite keeps intermittently moving fully east. The satellite does respond if requested to go to another satellite but after an unspecified amount of time moves completely east again.

Are there step by step instructions on rolling back to an earlier patch (say 688p)

Giga
29-11-2009, 04:31 PM
have you checked the settings in the motorized settings?
have a backup channel list from the period you did not had the problem and upload this one?

alboke
29-11-2009, 04:42 PM
update to 703 it seems like 702 had problems with motors etc
i kept losing positions all ok now using new 703
read install notes below..................
1-for box key in card menu press yellow key
2-mp3 bug fixed
3-motor problem fixed
4-extra key edit added
5-formatting fixed
6-cccam bug fixed and added active none active
7-fully tested for recording and play back ok
------------------
12-11-2009

1-jsc sport on nile sat
2-digitv thor
3-tvglobo on hotbird
4-Rai on 13 east by softcam
5-kingston on sirries
6-sabc on intesat 902
7-kdg
8-bookmard fixed
------------------------------
Download instruction

1-Do backup by USB or save as default in factory reset menu
2-do factory reset/turn off from rear for 30 seconds
3-restore your channels .

IT IS IMPORTANT TO READ NUMBER 4
4-IF PROBLEM DO FRESH SCAN OF EACH SATELLIT
----------------
26-11-2009

as above below added

. CS Bugs fixed
. Newcamd for nagra,
. Long time connection problem.
. Recording problem for Nagra channels.

techmate
29-11-2009, 06:04 PM
are u using usals or 1.2 settings in motor set up?

joany
29-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Well i thought it was usals but when i went into the settings it was disqec 1.2

I'm hoping the reason for the problem is patch 7.02, which has been reported as having problems with motors. there is a 7.03 which I am trying to obtain now.