PDA

View Full Version : Copy .TS files from 7020S to 800HD

ssjenkins
02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi All ,

I've just bought a (clone) 800HD . I haven't received it yet but I was wondering if and how I can backup my films which I currently have on my 7020S's HD in .TS format . Can I just do a straight FTP copy of the files from one receiver to the other ?

Thanks in advance .

Sammy

Detlef
03-12-2009, 01:24 AM
I don't see why not because the new box will also record SD channels.

There is also a descriptor file *.eit that will probably need copying too.

As my 600 cuts a long recording into 1GB chunks, the *.eit is what allows continuous playback. So I guess you should copy all the files in wherever your recordings are stored.

In my case that is /media/hdd/movies

Let us know how you get on.

Detlef
03-12-2009, 01:33 AM
Just looked at an *.eit file and it contains the program info and then a series of pointers about the .ts files. It is a binary file so it won't open with a text editor.

Note that the constituent chunks are named like this:

film.ts
film.ts.001
film.ts.002
film.ts.003
film.ts.004
film.ts.005
etc

ssjenkins
03-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Thanks for that Detlef . I'll let you know how I get on .

Sammy

Phylos
03-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Should work, but the 800/8000 don't cut the files - the filesystem used is probably newer and supports larger/unlimited filesize.

Detlef
03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Should work, but the 800/8000 don't cut the files - the filesystem used is probably newer and supports larger/unlimited filesize.

Do they still have an associated *.eit file though ?

spider
10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Do they still have an associated *.eit file though ?

some recorded programs do Detlef m8ey, some don't.

The eit file is used by dreambox only as a source of short EPG info , for show some description about ts file on disc. It is not needed to play with ts files.

contents of my 20091207 2102 - BBC 1 N West - Life.eit file using DCC

g†Life‡Ã9/10. Plants: The nature series turns to plants and looks at the ingenious solutions that they employ to counter life's challenges, such as spring-loaded traps, suckers and claws. Also in HD. [S]Pÿÿ Data-FSAT-Tunnelled NITP!ÿÿ Data-FSAT-Tunnelled BAT/SDTPÿÿ Data-FSAT-Tunnelled EITP ÿÿ Data-FSAT-Tunnelled EIT pfP!ÿÿ Data-FSAT-Tunnelled TOT/TDTPÿÿ Data-FSAT-MHEG Data 3Pÿÿ Data-FSAT-MHEG Data 5Pÿÿ Data-FSAT-MHEG Data 7Pÿÿ Data-FSAT-MHEG Data 10Pñ Video - BBC ONE MRPòeng Audio - BBC ONE MRP"ó PES Subtitles - BBC ONE MRP"ó FSAT DVB Subs - BBC ONE MRPÿe Data - OTV-TXT-BOOTPÿf Data - OTV-TXT-TEXT2Pÿo Data - OTV-SHARED1-MAINPÿp Data - OTV-SHARED2-MAINPÿu Data - OTV-SHARED7-MAINPÿ{ Data - OTV-SHARED3-DEVPÿÏ Data - OTV-BBC1-UK-TGTPÿq Data - OTV-SHARED3-MAINPÿr Data - OTV-SHARED4-MAIN

:respect-023: