PDA

View Full Version : Big shout for HELP!

jblo
07-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Hi

This is also in General Sat Chat, I'm still lookin for answers.......If you've any ideas please let me know.

My post:

I have tried to update my TM6900HD Super Combo with the latest soft-ware to 703p. I am not sure if this has totally corupted my STB.

Firstly, when I use my USB stick and go to Data Transfer - File List, there is no Green Download option and softcam file will not appear (can't be seen). Yet I know its on my USB stick I can view it on my laptop.

Secondly, Some channel transponders appear not there. ie. If I set my LNB setting to 09.750/10.600 digitv 1w is fine but TV1000 and Private Spice has no signal at all from its trasponder. If I change the LNB settings to 09.750/10.750 TV1000/Private Spice are good but no signal at all for Digitv

I have been three days trying to sort this out with out any Joy. I done several Factory resets and used TM's goback soft-ware and tried serveral different patchers, nothing seem to solve my problems.

Now I just do not know what else to do.

Can anyone help

jblo

Giga
08-12-2009, 09:44 AM
answers:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122316

dxman
08-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I had the same problem digi tv ok the transponder with tv1000 and so on it has a week signal show in red
I move the dish little bit with the blue button then save the settings and got a signal ok on that transponder,but i just remember i done a little job this summer,it could very well be that the dish it is a few degree off,infact i lost the week signal on 7 west.
I would advise you to readjust your dish,a couple degree off will do funny things

regards dxman

jblo
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi Giga

Many thanks for your help. I have restored patch 703 and got the Green download as before, all looks ok on this front.....cheers However

Some channel transponders appear still not there. This is across many satellites ie. If I set my LNB setting to 09.750/10.600 digitv 1w is fine but TV1000 and Private Spice has no signal at all from its trasponder. If I change the LNB settings to 09.750/10.750 TV1000/Private Spice are good but no signal at all for Digitv

I have done what you told me to, I can confirm the transponder signal is 70% when I change the LNB settings, yet TV1000 and others will not clear (Signal strength good Can't view)still blank.

The only other thought i've had is a few nights ago when connecting to the internet I got a spark when plugging in the connector at the back of my STB.
The Unit was plugged in the mains but turned off. Do you think this could have done damage to cause my present problems. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Cheers I appreciate you help

jblo

PS I do have a standard universal LNB

mister-t
08-12-2009, 01:34 PM
maybe faulty lnb,have you checked all the settings are correct in the 6800 menue

Giga
08-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Giga
The only other thought i've had is a few nights ago when connecting to the internet I got a spark when plugging in the connector at the back of my STB.
The Unit was plugged in the mains but turned off. Do you think this could have done damage to cause my present problems. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

PS I do have a standard universal LNB
When the box is on the mains and in standby you still have 12 Volts on the cable. Arcing is always bad for electronics.

while on the normal settings for the universal LNB (9750/10750) select TV 1000
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/Jan_Gruuthuse/1WTV1000.jpg

picture or no picture press the ●
the graph showing now should be similar to this:
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/Jan_Gruuthuse/1W12723H.jpg

if not there is some damage (oscillator?) Do you know someone that has a spare LNB to compare with/test?

jblo
09-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi Giga

Thanks for your continued help.

I am now really stuck my dish is playing up with an error Er2 says in book "no feedback from sensor or reach to hardware limits"

Can't find a position as dish will only move west.

I firstly need professional help, local sat shop to set up my motor properly.

Cheers for trying to help, but it maybe a couple weeks before i've time to sort this out.

thanks again

jblo