PDA

View Full Version : DM500-S, gone dead??

carddreamer
19-12-2009, 05:50 PM
My 2 days old Dreambox DM500 suddenly stopped working, while I was watching a movie. Now it is impossible to start it again, even if I pull off the power 10 min. The green light on the front is on, but it will not react when I pull my remote. And the reciever will not start at all. What has happened and how will I get it to work again. I am afraid it is a clone version, unfortunally. I didn`t know that when I bought it.

nilic
19-12-2009, 05:53 PM
If I were you I would load a new image.

carddreamer
19-12-2009, 06:23 PM
I am new to dreambox, so I dont know how to do it. I hoped that there was a reset button somewhere, it seems that it has gone in "lock mode".

Rudi1
19-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Well,you must do a search with google.You will find a lot of info about how to do it :) For first start you need a program from dream multimedia-DreamUp for uploading image to the box,second you must have serial cable to do this.:D

carddreamer
19-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Do you think it will solve the problem. Is there any special software I shall use to do the job

Lavaman
19-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Using DreamUp and a null modem cable plus the image of your choice will almost definatly solve this problem yes... Sounds like your current image has become corrupt on the box for one reason or another... Just a word of warning you are probably best to avoid the Gemini images as your box is almost definatly a clone and this can be a problem with some Gemini images (not all but best avoided to be on the safe side unless you are sure)...

carddreamer
19-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Is there a help guide somewhere, where a newbie can get help. I think it is a little bit difficult to understand. I have downloaded "dreamup" but I canīt get in contact with my dreambox. Shall there be 220v power on the receiver when I do it. Can I use a Ethernet cable for it or shal I use a serial cable.

HaCKaMaC
20-12-2009, 12:28 AM
You'll need a null-modem cable, not a std serial. the serial is straight through while null-modem is crossed. Ethernet doesn't work.
Connect box to PC with null-modem (no power to box). Launch DreamUp. Remove checkmark by network (in DreamUp). Click connect. Power up box.