PDA

View Full Version : DM800 need help with set up.

HotRock
21-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Hi
I have just got my dm800, never used a linux system before so completly new to this system. Last system was tm6900, which was installed and set up for me by the company who supplied it. So Im no expert on set ups !

What Ive done so far.

Dissconnected tm6900 from 1m motorised dish, and connected dream box.

Connected dreambox to router, downloaded blackhole 12 and flashed to system via internet explorer. Bootloader 75 and enigma 2 are on the system.

From the dreambox I down oaded cccam and installed. Dont have a clue how to use that yet.

Thedreambox has just 2 satelites that seem to be loaded as default, astra and thor 0.8. Neither are tuned in yet.

The dish moves now when I put voltage up, and in satfinder it goes between the 2 default sats, but does not lock on either, seems to go just past as the signal bars jump up and down showing a lock as it moves.

Tried to use the positioner, but no luck, some times it move the dish, other times it wont, not sure whats going on.

I then downloaded dreamboxedit, and tried to put a channel list called
e2 75e to 58w. It connects to the box, but give error lameb file cannot be transferred ?

I also downloaded in the box likra rotor settings, and installed, to which the box reboooted, but nothing seems to have changed, except it appears at the bottom of the channel list in the bouteqes menu.

I appear to have all the channels already listed when I put on blackhole 12, a good few hundred from all different sats, so not sure what I need a new list for as advised on some forums.

How can I get my satelite and motor set up properly? Is there something I can download with all satelites on, and then just scan the whole lot ?
How can I align to the first satelit, thor 0.8 ?

Spent 2 days so far messing about, now I need some help getting it up and running, as I have not even seen a single image on this new box yet, and the misses is not happy !!

Cheers for anyone who can help, or post a link to some previous help pages etc.

Hotrock

ssjenkins
22-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Have you read the "sticky" about setting up the motor ?

I have a Disecq/ucals motor . In the tuner menu I used the default advanced settings (except LNB=1, and UCALS=OFF) . I put in my Lat. and Long. position and I have individually numbered all of my sats , i.e I started on 0.8W . In the advanced settings I saved this sat in pos "001" . Once I did this I went to the "positioner setup" (use "tune" first to select a transponder on 0.8W) . I then moved my motor and once I found 0.8W I stored it in position 1.

I then repeated all the above steps for each individual sat (Astra=002, Hotbird=003 etc.....

There's proably a quicker way to do this but there are lots of post on lots of forums about the motor settings .

Sammy

echelon
22-12-2009, 09:28 AM
you also havent said anything about setting up a fixed ip on the dreambox in its menu , or about changing the password so that you can ftp files in

so fixed ip and a password will be crucial to communicating with the dreambox

once done , try the cajton e2 channel list , and setup the motor settings as well in the menu , also av settings , hdmi settings etc