PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the LNB loop through on?

Fil
26-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Is there a menu somewhere? As i cant find one,

my tm 1500Ci lnb loop out goes into my Tv ( freesat ) . Now the freesat only works with the TM in standby, tho ive had this with other STBs.

If i watch the same channel even for hours its ok, but on changing the channel i get no sat signal recieved, so have to power the TM box and thn put it back into standby, mostly annoying!

Detlef
26-12-2009, 09:13 PM
You will always be disappointed using a loopthrough connection.

Bite the bullet and get a dual (or quad) LNB and run two coax cables, one to each receiver.

Fil
26-12-2009, 11:55 PM
why do you say disappointed?

And the twin LNB aint really an option, as ive got 7 sats on my diseqc switch into the technomate, as Panasonic remved the diseqc option from UK tvs:banghead:

goran
27-12-2009, 12:22 AM
The recs can't run at the same time, at least not on different polarity, if memory serves, since I tried it long time ago with my Sammy DSR 9500 + SS2 PCI card... It isn't working [very well]!

It costs to set it up properly but then it's worth it. Toroidal 90cm dish + 8 or even 16 LNBs, all of them twin or quadro... :)

You run 2 x twin tuner recs or 4 rec with quadro or... ;)

Well... nuff said... :D

Fil
27-12-2009, 12:32 AM
The recs can't run at the same time, at least not on different polarity,

yep sussed that years ago, dont want to do that.

basically, if the TMs in standby , i can flick through all the channels on the panasonics freesat and it works, its just when you watch one channel for a few mins, then change channel i get no signal recived, until i power up the TM again and back to standby again

Giga
27-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Not 100% solution, last receiver used has control of the lnb. Can leave both switched on or have one off & one on. If both on you would need to flick through one channel to take control of the LNB.
Power blocking splitter (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=664264) <= click here. Don't use a normal splitter!