PDA

View Full Version : Which LNB to buy?

Jay_x7x
27-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi my LNB recently shorted so I am now using a really old one, does anyone know of a godd LNB at a resonable price, I have a Humax HDCI-2000 and a 1m motorised dish, the old LNB at present does not pick up a very good signal.

Cheers
J

tr8.
27-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I have played with a few this year, tried 2 cheap 0.1db lnbs darkgold and technomate, and a more expensive invacom, all were very close to the same and no better that more expensive, if i had to guess they are probably all the same with different badges. But i do have big dishes, so i would go for the cheapest lnb.

Bod
27-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I've found the Icecrypt to be as good if not better than most and at a reasonable price as well , certainly better than the Invacom I had at one point

Bod

ian
27-12-2009, 11:56 AM
i read with envy that you guys can experiment with different low noise LNB's because they are only about £20 and if there is little or no improvement then whats £20 matter.

in my case though my dish only supports a 20mm collar,so an LNBF is not an option for me as they are 40mm.i have to use a feedhorn so the LNB i need has to have a C120 flange.
ive asked what is the best LNB for my situation before and ive been answered that its the Invacom,but i read so many times that others get better results from other brands.so is the Invacom still the best C120?
as its very expensive for me to experiment.ian.

tr8.
27-12-2009, 12:34 PM
can you not change the collar?
I used to use lnbf on my channel masters but then changed the ends.
Now I use standard 40mm lnb and get better results from a cheaper lnb's. as both ends were avaiable for my dish's my be worth finding out if you can do the same?

gerryl
27-12-2009, 01:08 PM
the one thats gets good reviews seems to be 'Inverto Black Ultra' be going with that on me next project...:cheers2:

Tmull
27-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Ian, I posted a long reply to your query but it did not appear here. Is there some way I can retrieve it to post again:TMULL

Tmull
27-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Ian, Here goes again.I got into the sat scene about twenty years ago and knowing no diffrently got myself a 1.2 Channel Master dish complete with polar mount and 18inch actuator, Unfortunatly the actuator only lasted 18years and had to be replaced but the dish and polar mount are still in business.At that time I got one of the most expensive LNBs on the market called Chapperel and it served me well. I changer houses about eleven years ago and as universal LNBs were all the rage at that time I moved in that direction.In between I have had about four or five but now use a Invacom quad for my three boxes In all that time the Chapperel has been gathering dust in my garage but as I read your post this morning I dug it out and had a look. I had it well wrapped in self amalgation tape but managed to remove enough to see the name. It looks in good condition and has two elecrric wires coming out of what I think is the feedhorn. As it will never again be used by me it is yours if you want it. If you dont just say so here on the forum and if any other member wants it he can have it.First come first served,no charge. I wish you all a very happy New Year.TMULL