PDA

View Full Version : S4000 bugs

Fat_Controller
28-12-2009, 11:58 PM
No sure if this is the correct place to log them but here goes....

Version 83
1) I have found the same issue in all previous releases - there is no "\" key when trying to map to a networ location for other media files. There are however two "/"'s.
2) It doesn't appear possible to permanently switch off the subtiltes, as they need to be switched off every time you start watching a programme - more annoying than a bug, but thought it worth mentioning.
3) If you stop a recording part way through, it should be possible to resume at the point where you stopped. However when you select that option it just starts from nearly the begining again. Due to the relatively slow fast forward speed it can take some while to get back.

lloydarkell
29-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Ahh you can turn off subtitles, you need to go into menu **** Configuration **** Language Setting **** turn off both subtitle languages, its not a bug just you are turning off with the remote but the default is set to on so each time you change channel the subtitles come back.

Personally i'm still waiting for an EPG fix so I can edit or upload the EPG data for Freesat - until then the box is no good for me.

Fat_Controller
29-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Ahh you can turn off subtitles, you need to go into menu **** Configuration **** Language Setting **** turn off both subtitle languages, its not a bug just you are turning off with the remote but the default is set to on so each time you change channel the subtitles come back.

Personally i'm still waiting for an EPG fix so I can edit or upload the EPG data for Freesat - until then the box is no good for me.

Hi Lloyd,
I have changed the subtitles - thanks.

Yep I agree the EPG is a bit of a pain. I also find if you don't add a minute or two before the recording is planned, you miss the start of the programme. However this causes another problem, the title of the recording is always the previous programme which is very confusing.
Anyway thanks for the help and lets hope we each get our issues resolved quickly.
FC

PowerfulP
30-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Having just bought one I hope so too. Thanks for information