PDA

View Full Version : Probs with 5400

pibip98
01-01-2010, 03:38 AM
A couple of problems with my Humax 5400 recently. When it is turned on via remote, the channel has to be changed to get a picture most of the time. First channel seems to be blank screen, even if using timer. Also when organising the channels, after deleting one or many, when I go back 2 the channel I was watching, it is going back to channel number 1.

I still cant get BISS at all on it but have not been able to allocate time to update and try and sort this out. Maybe its related to the other problems. Any advice as usual would be appreciated thanks.

Happy New Year to all!

steviejb
01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Problems like this are quite often associated with the settings file, 5400's don't like having you mess with it by deleting \ moving channels and you are lucky if you don't have the 3 flashing dots yet, try reloading the channel settings or saving what you have and then putting back in, this should go a long way to sorting your problems.
Happy new year :respect-051:

ALIBE
01-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Channel Settings

When you delete a channel, all the channels (after the channel number deleted) are moved up by one number.
The likelihood is that the channel you were previously watching has now changed number. The "previous channel" button will not work correctly under these cir***stances.

As Steviejb states, do not use your remote to delete multiple channels. This can cause the channel set stored in your receiver to corrupt. Multiple deletions should be done by downloading your channel set to a computer and then reloading it after the necessary alterations.
Software such as HNFSmart can be used for this.

If you insist on using your remote, reboot your receiver after every 3 or 4 deletions. This will lessen the chances of a channel set corruption.
Also, try and avoid having a channel total (TV and Radio) in excess of 3000. The Humax is not stable under these cir***stances.

Biss Channels

To be able to decode these channels your receiver should have an up-to-date TOH plus a current Key file.
Check that your CAID Preselect is set to "Card + Emu"

Blank Screen on Boot Up

Try booting your receiver with it set to a free-to-air channel. If it copes with this, you must have some type of decryption problem.
Try the following:
1. Remove any additional plug-in Cams that you may have in place.
2. Clean the contacts on the card plugged into your inbuilt Irdeto Cam
3. Check that your CAID Preselect is set to "Card + Emu"
4. In the "Configuration" menu, check to see that the "Start on first Channel" option is set to OFF