PDA

View Full Version : CrossEPG

kemik
03-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Has anyone installed CrossEPG on their Dm800?

I can't seem to get it to work with my Nabilo 012 image.

Can anyone provide or point me in the right direction of step by step instructions to get it to work.

Many thanks

enrico001u
03-01-2010, 07:01 PM
nabilo 12 has a better epg built into the image.

to set it up look in the blue button panel.
it has full epg for several providers

loveman
03-01-2010, 07:31 PM
nabilo 12 has a better epg built into the image.

to set it up look in the blue button panel.
it has full epg for several providers
That's of your personal opinion... I never get a good epg through the nabilo built in epg, as it only gives me less than half of the summaries for the channels. Plus, you need to go through and update the channels every so often when they change. With crossepg, you don't need to worry about this, as it always downloads the latest channel lists everytime you run it.

Yes, nabilosat does better when using the download version of the epg, but this never gave a full 7 day all the time, as it wasn't updated all the time.

Has anyone installed CrossEPG on their Dm800?

I can't seem to get it to work with my Nabilo 012 image.

Can anyone provide or point me in the right direction of step by step instructions to get it to work.

Many thanks

In response to getting nabilosat to run crossepg, you need to install the plugin, set it up how you want it (e.g. autoupdates, sky uk/it etc). With nabilosat, I found that it won't allow the auto load, so disable that.

Then, you need to edit the enigma2.sh file in /usr/scripts or bin or wherever it was (can't remember fully atm), so that it will read the new epg data and copy it over to the epg file on load. Then, set a cron script to reboot the enigma about 5 mins after the auto run of crossepg...

enrico001u
03-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Seems strange cos I get full seven days epg on every channel including regional variations.
But I suppose it depends which server you use I am using rytec

I get

canal nordic
csat
italian
uk
netherlands

quite interested in this cross epg now though does it offer more providers?
if so I might make the switch

loveman
03-01-2010, 08:05 PM
At the mo, it doesn't offer as much as the download option of nabilosat. Altho the author was meant to be working on getting it to work with the mhw and nagra epg to allow it to integrate csat, viasat, etc... But hasn't happened as of yet.

As for getting the full 7 day on nabilosat, it might be that it's changed since I last tried it, as that was about 2 months back... So the server might be better, or it's a different server to the one I used when I tried?! But the other reason why I use gemini rather than nabilosat, is that they can get the epg of upc, sky de, d+ etc from the transponder, whereas nabilosat never worked for me on that view. Although I guess there are probably downloads for those epgs now via the download option in nabilosat?!

enrico001u
03-01-2010, 08:11 PM
yes those options have been added you can download from transponder.

I am still intrigued with cross epg as it looks good from some pics iv seen

kemik
04-01-2010, 01:57 PM
That's of your personal opinion... I never get a good epg through the nabilo built in epg, as it only gives me less than half of the summaries for the channels. Plus, you need to go through and update the channels every so often when they change. With crossepg, you don't need to worry about this, as it always downloads the latest channel lists everytime you run it.

Yeah they're the issues I've had when trying to use the Nabilo built in epg hence looking for a solid EPG solution as this is possibly the only stumbling block currently to the missus fully accepting the Dreambox

mrbleu500
04-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm using the crossepg as I couldn't get the built-in Nab012 version to work satisfactorily. It's not perfect, I still get corrupted descriptions and titles on various channels (intermittent, but I can live with it) and the auto downloader seems to have a mind of it's own, often popping up at the strangest of times irrespective of when you set it to start, although can be cancelled if you are quick...

If I could find a better one, I'd use it ;)

Follow the instructions on the crossepg site to install, but don't use the patch.

kemik
16-01-2010, 03:13 PM
In response to getting nabilosat to run crossepg, you need to install the plugin, set it up how you want it (e.g. autoupdates, sky uk/it etc). With nabilosat, I found that it won't allow the auto load, so disable that.

Then, you need to edit the enigma2.sh file in /usr/scripts or bin or wherever it was (can't remember fully atm), so that it will read the new epg data and copy it over to the epg file on load. Then, set a cron script to reboot the enigma about 5 mins after the auto run of crossepg...

Sorry to ask again Loveman but can you be more specific I'm lost on the above in terms of what file I'm editing exactly in /usr/scripts, what changes I need to make in that file and how to set a cron script to reboot enigma.

Is there a detailed step by step anyone has come across?

Many thanks

loveman
16-01-2010, 08:11 PM
The file you'll need to change is actually in /usr/bin/ and is called enigma2.sh.

Follow the installation notes here (http://www.crossepg.com/do***entation/installation.html). Should help you. Personally though, I have now moved across to the nabilosat epg download script. Saves having to reboot, and actually gives me more epg data for channels such as csat etc :)