PDA

View Full Version : AZbox newbie OpenXCAS problem

Hookman
09-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Probably a basic but I'm following Gorans excellent guide but I think I need it a liitle more basic for me. The problem is where to download OpenXCAS and where in teh file structure should I create the EMU folder to put the OpenXCAS into to. tried goin into the 'Plugin' links but they don't work either and teh internet is available for you tube etc..

bulmers
10-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Do you have your box connected to the internet ?

If so then :
Plug-ins > Press red button > azboxworld > OpenXCAS

Hookman
10-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks fro teh speedy response.
I am connected to teh internet - you tube & browser OK and IP address showing and can access files structure using filezilla.
When I access azboxworld (http://azboxworld.com) it just gives me the code for a web page ie, <head> & <**** statements etc. I have my server list as in Gorans alternative how to guide.
Further advice would be appreciated.

Hookman
10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
If I could download it to pc and use filezilla to transfer then I could do that but I don't know which folder to put it into as I don't have an EMU folder and don't know where to create one. I also can't see OpenXCAS when I goto azboxworld on my pc.

Dig Deep
10-01-2010, 10:33 AM
What FW are You using ?

Any of them newer ones should fix that problem. There was a change from EMU to PLUGIN in the FW so get the latest and install that.

You can do it by the USB pen as well if the net won´t work.

goran
10-01-2010, 01:13 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123636 - post no. 6, tailor-made for the question...

Hookman
10-01-2010, 02:06 PM
FW is 0.9.3877 and yes it has the plugin folder and not EMU. Goran, I'd printed off your full how to guide and tried following it but I had got a bit stuck at the OpenXCAS part. I'll follow your instructions again and feedback. Thanks again to all of you for your support - it's appreciated.

Hookman
10-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Great info guys - I've now got OpenXCAS, Multicas and CCcam (dvbapiCAS folder). Are ther some free C lines to check I am editing the file properly or another way to check it? On a slightly different matter I am not getting any EPG information. Any ideas? I've set time etc. It's a real problem when trying to see what's on or to set the timer.