PDA

View Full Version : Cryptoworks card - newcs/mgcamd?

steford1
10-01-2010, 03:25 PM
My card has issues in the standard MultiCAS slot (shows entitlements but won't decrypt) and neither will it via NewCS/MGCamd - Irdeto 2 card is fine in the same setup.

ECM requests are currently being sent from MGCamd and are being handled by NewCS although the response is almost always NOT OK - very occasionally an OK will go through giving me a brief glimpse of picture. The card inits and entitlements are read perfectly by NewCS. Works perfectly in an official Crypto CAM.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

steford1
14-01-2010, 12:47 PM
A quick update to this - using the latest mgcamd/newcs build with support for Smargo and now all is OK with the card. Must be an internal reader issue with my card. For now all good with the USB Smargo.

cantfish
21-01-2010, 08:51 PM
What build of newcs/mgcamd are you using and from where did you get. All I can get from the internal reader is card incorect and my Omnikey it does not even look.

steford1
21-01-2010, 10:49 PM
It's newcs 1.66 and Mgcamd 1.33. I'm not sure the Omnikey is supported in the latest build (the 2 card/Smargo one) although not played with it too much. The Smargo was a bit of a let down in that it resets each time the box is booted and is then not detected.

cantfish
22-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Looks like we are just going to have to wait until this box gets some more support. When you say you think the omnikey is not supported do you mean newcs or firmware.

steford1
26-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Interestingly when I looked at this again last night my card is seen by Newcs in top card reader as CAID 0D00 although the stream read by Mgcamd and requiring decrypting is 0D01 - meaning that Mgcamd wasn't sending the request to Newcs. I did a mapping of CAIDs and it now does send the request although I'm back to my old situation of the ECM response being NOT OK. Card continues to work fine in official CAM - any thoughts on the difference in CAIDs and the failure to send good ECM response?

Thanks.

steford1
01-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Anda further update. In newcs 1.65 on my PC it gets the CAID 0D01 and mgcamd decodes the channel fine.

Any thoughts on the differing CAIDs between different readers?

cantfish
02-02-2010, 02:23 PM
I think this must be down to a firmware issue as a card reader is only a mecanical conection. All the usb card readers use there own firmware and newcs in order to work.

cantfish
05-02-2010, 09:19 AM
It's newcs 1.66 and Mgcamd 1.33. I'm not sure the Omnikey is supported in the latest build (the 2 card/Smargo one) although not played with it too much. The Smargo was a bit of a let down in that it resets each time the box is booted and is then not detected.

I tried my Omnikey reader again and it shows up in newcs managment but does not read the card. What line did you put in newcs.xml regarding the usb port and did you use the front or rear port.

steford1
05-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I used front port with settings as per do***entation - /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 I seem to remember. I used a Smargo though which seemd to be the only supported device according to docs.

firose
06-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I have been watching subscribed channels with a MPEG-4 reciever and card with Irdeto 2 scrambling.
I recently bought a new HD reciever from Southern Satellite and it cannot recognise my viewing card.Does Irdeto card work with my new receiver?I just dont want use both of them if I could use the card in to my new receiver!Please help....! To make the card work what should i do?
any help will be appriciated!
I heard from other users is that.. can only wacth subcribed channels with that supplied receiver and Irdeto 2 card. Is there any way to make this card work on my new ICECRYPT S4000HDPVR??
Many Thanks
Firose