PDA

View Full Version : 6900 super+ and AC3 / Dolby 5.1

KnockJohn
10-01-2010, 10:00 PM
I was in PC world the other day and decided to buy a 5.1 speaker system. It's a Logtech x-530 which is a bit cheap and cheerful perhaps but the sound is very good.

My only problem is that it's not really doing the 5.1 thing properly (as identified when BBC-Hd did their testcard and tones).

Therefore:

A - what A/V output should I choose from the menu on the 6900s+

B - Should the 2 x phono leads do the trick or is there a HDMI to 3 x 3.5mm stereo lead that I should get (and if so where from)

Many thx in anticipation.

dxman
11-01-2010, 12:33 AM
has it got an optical input your new equipment?
IF he has an optical input you can connect to the receiver optical which i guess is A TM
that's the best way to get a dolby surround

Giga
11-01-2010, 09:21 AM
as dxman says optical will give you the dolby signal
Looks like x-530 is for use with computer analog 5.1 audio cards (no digital input)
TM 6900 HD Super has only digital dolby output (optical or HDMI)
the audio L & R connection will only give you a analog stereo (connector 17, 18: 2 x phono leads red, white)

KnockJohn
11-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys,
Looks like I'll need to get a HDMI or optical a/d converter to get this running properly.

Yes, Giga, I currently have it running out of the two Phono (L&R) from the 6900, which does at least give me stereo and the rather good BASS.

Thanks again... KJ

dxman
11-01-2010, 06:55 PM
dumm PC world they can't do anything right
I can't belive they haven't put an input with either coaxial or optical
I got an old yamaa they got at list 4 connections optical and 1 coaxial
plus the normal stereo RCA plugs
have look mate it must have at list one coaxial plug,before you spend any money
good luck

regards dxman

Giga
12-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys,
Looks like I'll need to get a HDMI or optical a/d converter to get this running properly.

Yes, Giga, I currently have it running out of the two Phono (L&R) from the 6900, which does at least give me stereo and the rather good BASS.

Thanks again... KJ
think you will be cheaper of buying a new 5.1 set with optical interface. Only 5.1 analogue converter from optical or HDMI that I found was:
$599.00 GTV-AUDDEC
$899.00 GTV-HT-AUDPROC
maybe you can find similar and cheaper but not that cheaper, could be wrong on this.