PDA

View Full Version : Irish DTT no picture but get epg

psham
12-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Just wondering if this happened to anyone else .. DTT (rte1 ect..) working perfectly last night..
Today when i turned on AZbox i get a blank screen on all 4 DTT channels. I have full signal quality and strength..
I can also get the epg of the 4 channels but no picture.. any ideas??
I have a Panasonic and lg lf7700 and DTT works on these..

I was using 0.9.3686 firmware when this happened so updated to 0.9.4219 to see if it made any difference.. Same result no picture..
Also rescaned manually it picked up all dtt stations on channel 47 ( from ciarn hill).. Still no picture though..

goran
12-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Faulty tuner? Take it to the shop and try there, with your and then with another tuner.

Good luck!:respect-051:

a7v8x
12-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Mine was working fine last night. Did not try this morning. Have you tried deleting the channels (RTE's TV3 and TG4) and doing a rescan? I can check it later on tonight when I get home from work if your still not sorted.

Edit ... Sorry just seen you did a rescan. Will check when I get home and see if mine are still working.

Shamrogue
12-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Mine went off at 6 p.m. yesterday. Gone also on another stand alone tuner. Did a rescan and got them all back :-)

Sham

happyhammer
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
just got my daughter to check, all four channels working fine for me. probably the transmitter you getting it from.

Tez-Tech
12-01-2010, 02:45 PM
This service is only testing at the moment m8 so there are going to be interruptions. Try a rescan again as they operate on multiple frequencies sometimes so if one set isn't working the other probably is!

psham
12-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Just got a friend to check, he's 2 miles from me and gets his signal from Ciarn hill aswell..
He has no problem getting all Irish DTT stations..
Looks like a faulty tuner.
Getting a replacement sent out tomorrow so i'll let you know how i get on..

happyhammer
13-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Just got a friend to check, he's 2 miles from me and gets his signal from Ciarn hill aswell..
He has no problem getting all Irish DTT stations..
Looks like a faulty tuner.
Getting a replacement sent out tomorrow so i'll let you know how i get on..

yeah, i'd be interested in that. There ain't a whole lot in the DTT card , so if yours failed already, its a heads up for the rest of us.

is your friends dtt channels the same settings as yours? did you try re-seating card etc?

FME_fta
13-01-2010, 01:26 AM
I have an amplifier on my terrestrial installation.
Some times there is a slight distortion in the signal (waves in some analog channels).

I guess the DVB-T tuner from azbox already does some kind of amplification, so when there is a distortion the tuner will make it worse and lose some (or all) signal from DTT.
Also, when this happens the analog TV connect through loop out will get bad signal.
I didn't try but one of the options could be to lower the amplifier strength.

I don't know if this is what happens to you, but try to connect an analog TV to the DVB-T tuner output and check if the analog channels are ok (same as any other analog TV) or not.

a7v8x
13-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Well a sure way to test it is to bring your tuner down to your friends place and try it in his box. You already know he has a good signal and can receive the channels. So if you cant receive in his box with your tuner then its 100% tuner fail.

slegs
13-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Seems to have been quite a bit of testing/fiddling going on over the last few days by RTENL. Noticed it on Kippure transmitter on Monday also. Was onto psham yesterday and I think he is fine now. No issue with the tuner.

robbiemcd
13-01-2010, 01:41 PM
can you get irish dtt in newry ?

psham
14-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Well lads..
All is fine now.. DTT must have been trying out different settings which affected picture and sound on azbox..
All channels are back to how they were..

gtg60
14-01-2010, 12:44 PM
can you get irish dtt in newry ?

Should be possible, can you receive the analogue channels?

robbiemcd
14-01-2010, 03:57 PM
yes but not the dtt ones - maybe a new aerial ?

slegs
14-01-2010, 04:28 PM
yes but not the dtt ones - maybe a new aerial ?

The north facing panel of the Clermont Cairn transmitter is disabled for DTT which may explain this - this may change once an official service is launched. I think though if you were to turn your aerial towards Longford and Clermont Cairn you may get it.

Clermont Carn is Group C/D UHF and Cairn Hill is Group B UHF. If your aerial is wideband you would not need any change of aerial.

happyhammer
20-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Well lads..
All is fine now.. DTT must have been trying out different settings which affected picture and sound on azbox..
All channels are back to how they were..

i now have the exact same problem as you. How was it solved? was it the actual RTE DTT transmission or did you get a new DVB-T tuner?

gtg60
20-04-2010, 05:52 PM
It's just the RTENL testing again!

I get the Irish DTT from 2 transmitters, 3Rock and Kippure and over the last few days I've lost the EPG on one but have perfect pictures and on the other I've lost the picture but have the EPG??

happyhammer
20-04-2010, 06:53 PM
i'm on Maghera, freq 690Mhz, chan 48 i think

psham
20-04-2010, 08:16 PM
didn't have to get a new tuner, picture came back after a day or so.. RTE testing...