PDA

View Full Version : lost everything

chippy
19-01-2010, 11:40 AM
fellow pimps i am in need of help again. i am using a motorised dish with an octagon 518. i have just lost all my channels and the backup has not worked. i have the correct lat and long in the reciever. i appear to be fixed on to thor but when i start to scan for channels nothing comes down even though the scan appears to be working. i have scanned on hotbird and sirius with the same results (scanning but no channels). i know that everything was working it was me fiddling thats ballsed it up). help and i:confused:deas would be gratefully rcvd. chippy .

TheBadger
20-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Sounds very much like your dish has become misaligned or you have a cable and/or LNB problem. How old is your setup?

centaur
20-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Does your receiver show any signal strength when on any given satellite? If not you may have to realign the dish, which can be done from the receiver subject to its age and capabilities.

Homer
20-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Maybe some ones nicked your dish :rofl:

chippy
20-01-2010, 08:32 PM
fellow pimps, thanks very much for your help. my setup is approx 1 1/2 years old but i have just had it re-installed after moving a couple of weeks ago. i dont know what happened but somehow i deleted everything in the box. i was getting max sinal and strength but nothing was coming down. so i reset to factory and started again. this time all the channels started to come down on all the sats, so now i am up and running. i have no idea what caused it or why it now seems to work. but thanks again guys. and no my dish hasnt been nicked lol.