PDA

View Full Version : some questions regarding my setup

mushroom
21-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi i have a terrestrial antenna and one satellite dish which has motor .its lnb has two outputs.well i want to connect two satellite receivers on this lnb but i cant take two cables to the roof.can i use a splitter at the end of the cable so i connect my two receivers on it?
is there any other way to achieve this?
or another question.can i mix analoque and digital signal and ofter split to tv and sat receiver?
your help would be appreciated

Rick1980
21-01-2010, 12:54 PM
You could use an AB switch to run the two recievers, but only one will work at once and it would be easier to use the loop through on one of the boxes.

2 recievers cannot control the same LNB output or motor, they send a combination of voltage and tone to the LNB to make it switch band and polarisation.

You would be best to run another cable from the dish, your main reciever will still control the motor and the second will beable to view any chanel from the sat the dish is pointed at.

You can mix sat and terrestrial signals on the same cable, but you will need to duplex the signals at the antenna, then use a duplex wall plate to seperate them back out at the other end.