PDA

View Full Version : Firmware updates

beamobhoy
22-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Thought I would take the plunge and update my firmware today for the first time. Downloading via wlan, how long does the update take? So far it's 25 minutes after the download of the update (screen gone blank after 5 mins and box display states SETTINGS). Has this crashed or do I wait longer?

sandery
22-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Connect a composite cable to an AV port (R,W,Y).

goran
22-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Kill it at the back and this time do it using your USB memory stick formatted in FAT or FAT32!

beamobhoy
22-01-2010, 12:00 PM
cheers goran - usb way worked but thought it would be easier by wlan - seems not!

automan2
22-01-2010, 12:03 PM
ah suddenly a light goes on does this mean because of our video settings we lose the tv display while updating if hdmi was selected prior to update via wlan and composite cable would let us see what was happening during wlan update or is the box crashing

goran
22-01-2010, 12:06 PM
HDMI is the way I connect at my end and I don't lose it during the upgrade.

If you do, if memory serves, they mentioned SCART but not using both of them at the same time... Please, check this, though...;)

sandery
22-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Composite is ALWAYS on (permanently).

goran
22-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Yes, if you press RESOLUTION on your remote...

You may even choose differently but once you save it and press the button again - it starts with COMPOSITE again...

Still, I was talking about a physical connection... Not 2 different kinds at the same time, if memory serves...:respect-051:

Dig Deep
22-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Well, uploading using the net is easier.

The USB is safer.

I always use the USB as it is rather easy to upload a new file is the one You use is corrupted, can easily happen when You use the net.

BTW, those new fancy updates are not on the net :o13:

Smudger
22-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Well, uploading using the net is easier.

The USB is safer.

I always use the USB as it is rather easy to upload a new file is the one You use is corrupted, can easily happen when You use the net.

BTW, those new fancy updates are not on the net :o13:

the new updates are available for download to box via the net just change the url via green button.