PDA

View Full Version : Icecrypt s4000hd crashes with white screen

Eug
24-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I can not see any of the users complaining on stability issue with receiver. Probably it is just a faulty sample I have got.
I have Seagate 5400.6 320GB laptop drive internally installed and use mgcamd. The problem is receiver hang up with white screen with vertical gray lines on screen. This usually happens when I use timeshift feature on mpeg-4 8psk channel. I use rewind, watch channel for some time until an add fast forward 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th speed and receiver crashes with white screen. I thought this is just software issue and it will be fixed with feature releases, but same I notised with 81 and 83rd version. Yesterday upgraded to latest 86 and another crash came out. This time by pressing channel down on 8psk HD channel and receiver just froze with static picture. Restarted receiver with switch at the back.
What this could be frustrating bags of software or just my faulty sample?

dizz
24-01-2010, 07:37 PM
I would ask professor johnny at the Fortis users forum or octagon funclub site. He knows a lot about the detailed functioning of the boxes. Personally I don't have the problem that you have. But I think that the jumpers on your disk may be wrong. If they are he would know.